1: Lace Of Your Dress

5 Years Later

The predicament she had found herself was actually rather interesting. Here she was, coming home from a party that her friend Valese dragged her too. While Marron was never the partying type she gave the brunette a chance...and the evening was truly less than stellar. With sleazy men throwing lustful glances at her, eyeing her like a ravenous pack of wolves - the blonde felt less than safe. So when she made her way to the elevator to her apartment, she expected anything but the tan, lavender-haired twenty-something she had managed to purge from her silly teenage fantasies.

But almost as if it were immediate she could feel her heart pound against her chest and her eyes met with his, heat running across her entire body as she realized the more than revealing short slip dress and heels she wore. "Marron?"

Marron opened her glossed lips to speak but was cut off by the hybrid stepping into the elevator with her. "You live here?"

"Yeah," Marron said, her arms folded, almost as if trying to cover herself up. "Do you?"

Trunks leaned back on the railing, dusting off the black suit non-nonchalantly. "In the penthouse, actually," Trunks stated as he adjusted his glasses back on his face. "You look...festive."

Marron scoffed and turned her head, her loose curls whipping around with her. "I just moved here...and my friend decided to celebrate." The blonde dug her fingers more into her arm, "awful night really, just a bunch of drunk people and loud music."

The hybrid sighed, pressing the button for his floor. "Oh come on, bet it wasn't that bad." Trunks replied, hopeful. "What's the worst that could have happened," Trunks paused. His royal-blue eyes examining the blonde's outfit. The dress barely hanging off of her seeming as if one wrong move and she could fully expose herself. The hybrid shook himself out of his lingering stare. "Some guys checked you out?" Trunks completed his statement.

Marron's azure eyes flicked over to him, who was actively staring at random corners. "Yes, that is exactly what happened," Marron stated bitterly. She bit her lip as she backed herself tighter into the corner. "Honestly, Valese chose the worst outfit for me..." Marron sighed out.

The demi-saiyan looked at her quirking a brow at her, "I mean, you don't look bad." Immediately, the hybrid wished he could shove his entire foot in his mouth.

Shit. Trunks thought. You can't think like that, dumb ass she's like...family or something.

He caught sight of the blonde's reddened face..and chest, as she actively tried to avoid his glance. "Thanks...I guess." Marron huffed out her eyes staring down at the hybrid's dress-shoes. "This just isn't me, I guess," the blonde shrugged.

Trunks stared at the meter and back towards the blonde, "I didn't mean it...like that..." Trunks swallowed.

Marron broke a small grin. "Yeah, I guessed that." The elevator doors opened on the 20th floor. Marron turned back to the hybrid, her voice getting caught in her throat at the sudden intensity igniting between them. "You uh...want a drink or something."

The lavender-haired Saiyan gave one last glance at the blonde. His hand grabbing the elevator door as he absentmindedly replying a yes, stepping off the elevator. His eyes glued to the six-inch heels that were muffled with the soft carpet flooring. Until stopping in front of a door.

"It still may be a bit messy with the whole moving process," Marron began, "just take a seat on the sofa, I'll be back in a minute."

What on earth was he doing, he has to work at nine and here he was in some blonde's - hold on, not just some blonde. He was in Marron's apartment, sweet little Marron, who would cry when he yanked on her pigtails. He bullied her about her nose for so long and called her squirt. Trunks didn't understand, when and how did she grow up. The last he remembered of the blonde was almost five years back at the tournament...her red dress and shiny mary-jane looking shoes.