6: A Final Attempt

Marron rested in the front seat beside Valese, who was informing Marron of her last escapade last night with an apparently very attractive man she pulled out of the club. Marron, in truth, could care less about her friend's drunken misadventures. In fact, the blonde was felt sick to her stomach listening to the brunette go on about such private matters. Though she knew to express that would only lead Valese to tease the blonde on her prudish nature. "Oh man, Mar, you really missed out," she continued, "he was there with Trunks Briefs... the guy didn't seem super into the whole clubbin' thing though," Valese continued before flicking her eyes over to Marron momentarily catching the blonde's wide-eyed expression. "What? You two are the same in that regard."

Marron shook her head, keeping her head turned at the brunette, "Valese...was he buff, like really buff?" Marron asked, her face nearly paling at this point. She didn't want to think about it, she wouldn't want to imagine that Valese and Goten were even in the same room together, let alone having sex.

Valese rolled her honey-colored eyes at her friend's question. She more annoyed under the realization that she was talking to a prudish wall, than the repetitive question. "Well duh, have you not been listening?" Valese retorted, "the guy is so buff and so big-" Valese continued with dreamy eyes before getting cut off almost immediately by the blonde.

"Alright, say no more Valese!" Marron exclaimed her blush creeping across her face, "I-I'm pretty sure I know the guy you slept with."

Valese gasped and looked over to Marron when the capsule car stopped at a red light. "Marron!" She exclaimed angrily, "why haven't you tried setting me up with all your freakishly hot male friends?" Valese asked angrily.

It was times like these Marron questioned why she was friends with such a nymphomaniac. She wondered if it was just the rush of growing up in the city that caused people to act such a way, Marron wasn't one to judge, but the behavior was a bit unsettling at times. The blonde stuffed her hands between her thighs, uncomfortably looking about the vehicle to focus on anything but Valese.

"Look, I get you aren't into the whole one-night stand but that guy, whoo man-!" Marron grimaced at the thought of Goten and Valese even laying in the same bed together. She knew her friend was always the adventurous type but she could never bring herself to imagine those two together...perhaps it could possibly work. Yet Marron wasn't very sure how to feel about it all, the entire reveal felt like some sort of fever dream she would soon wake from.

Valese now noticing Marron's physical discomfort from the conversation, made attempts to shift the topic. "So," she began, "you gonna tell me what's been happening with you and Mr. Capsule Corp?"

Marron scoffed, rolling her eyes at the brunette's nickname for Trunks. "Nothing is happening between me and Trunks, Valese, so you can just forget any of those weird ideas," Marron responded. "If you want me to admit one thing, he is very cute," she stated before huffing and crossing arms, "that's all you are getting from me."

Valese smirked, happy she could push something out of the blonde. "I knew that already, anyway, what's happening tonight?"

Marron looked out the window, watching the cars zip by. "Well Goten invited me out for a sort-of reunion kind of thing, I have no idea what brought on this," Marron rambled, her manicured nails tapping the white purse, "but I need a new outfit and you seem to know what looks 'good' on me apparently." That good Marron said in air quotes, she was struck with disbelief over the idea that she apparently couldn't dress and she worked for a fashion magazine.

In truth writing for that magazine was the only thing Marron felt she could state with a certain kind of pride and elitism over others, and even that was questioned around her sometimes. The blonde had always had a certain keen interest in, what she considered, an art form. Her mother and her sense of style was what kickstarted her search deeper into that world and it seemed everyone liked Marron best when she wore what others considered fashionable the same overdone trends.