5: Get Well Soon

Marron didn't realize it then but Goten had gotten significantly taller than the blonde, more-so than he already was. She dusted down her long pink skirt, the palm of the blonde's hand feeling the soft material of the skirt. That was before she looked back up to the onyx-eyed warrior, a friendly grin laced on his face. Marron was never sure if the seeming happiness the Son's seem to radiate was ever just...fake. She personally believed nearly all of them seemed inhumane, it was at times just a bit unsettling just how Goten and Goku were. In fact, she only recalled a moment of desperation struck across Goten's face was during Buu's reign of terror. But Marron's memory was hazy, she couldn't recall significant events many mentioned. Trunks and Goten seemed to never speak about that time, almost as if it never happened. The blonde could only assume that being the group of select members of society that still recalls the event must have forced them to deal with that trauma by themselves.

"So West City, huh?" Goten asked as he strolled beside the blonde, "someone's reaching big."

Marron scoffed, promptly folding her arms over her chest. "I'll have you know, I'm doing great here! Not necessarily reaching." She wasn't necessarily wrong, she was doing significantly better but she'd never admitted that she jumped ship a bit too soon, at the first given opportunity she took the bait and ran.

Goten swatted his hand, chuckles laced within his word s. "Enough that you gotta reassure me?" The blonde clicked her tongue, her cheeks fuming with ire. "But you could have moved to Satan City, or East City...so why here?" Marron glanced over to Goten, her icy blue eyes flicking between the cloudy sky and the building adjacent to her. Before she was able to open her mouth, Goten, yet again, butted in to interrupt. "Oh, I know! You still like Trunks don't you!"

The blonde froze in place, casting an accusatory glance at the hybrid with gravity-defying hair. "No," the blonde began cautiously, "and how did you even know I had a crush on him?" Marron questioned, inching closer to the taller man.

"Because...you were pretty obvious about it," Goten started slowly, "I-I mean, okay, you would come over when Krillin and my dad would hang out and ask if Trunks was there every single time." Goten stated, his hands raised up defensively, "not my fault, I could just TELL."

With her face flushed from embarrassment, the blonde licked her teeth before turning around, feeling her pigtails whip in the wind. "Well I don't even like him anymore, so don't get the wrong idea...I'm not trying to steal your lover."

Goten scoffed, before eyeing the top of the blonde's head, "I mean did you ever think Trunks and I were-"

"YES at one point." Marron did, in her youth believe the two had something going on between them...but the vagueness and exclusion she had a child lead her to drop the investigation. Right on cue, Goten erupted into an uproarious fit of laughter. "It's not that funny," Marron chided, "I swear it's like I'm talking to a thirteen-year-old."

-----

The blonde sighed as she made her way into her apartment, her eyes heavy as her afternoon outing with Goten replayed in her mind. She couldn't truly decide whether what she was feeling for Trunks was a sense of friendship, or perhaps...something more than that? She pushed the white door that leads to her bathroom and started running a bath. With tiny palms pressed against the marble sink, Marron glanced at her tired expression. Her pigtails were disheveled, one lower than the other, with blonde hairs running astray on her scalp, the mascara she applied before work now creating ringlets around her eyes from the fallout.

With one swift action, she slipped her long skirt off and kicked it to the side then began unbuttoning her dress shirt. She quickly found her way to into the medicine cabinet dropping fragrant oils into the water before dipping herself in, her face half-submerged in the water. Her fingertips grazed across the soft, supple skin. Marron kept going back to the voluptuous Jessica Rabbit look-a-like that morning, and that same feeling in the pit of her stomach resurfaced. She understood that her feelings for her childhood crush could simply be resurfacing in an immature fashion like, and her feelings for the aforementioned Saiyan hybrid were only becoming more and more vicious.