2: Take Flight

"Hold on a second," Valese began. Marron was telling the brunette about the evening encounter she has with Trunks. To Marron it seemed like nothing else should have happened but Valese had quite different idea. "You mean to tell me," Valese continued, "you had Trunks Briefs in your apartment, apparently checking you out-"

The blonde quirked a brow at her, "I didn't say that."

"Checking you out!" Valese emphasized. "And you didn't fuck him?"

Marron gawked at her friend for her obscene language. But the thought did linger in her head for a moment too long. She imagined those rough arms around her waist as he leaned down to kiss her - wait - she can't be thinking those things. For kami's sakes this was Trunks - her childhood friend! The blonde shook the thought out of her head as she proceeded to sink into the palm of her hands. "No, that'd be weird."

Her mind and her words were juxtaposing themselves if she was being honest. The rush of meeting her five-year crush again, seeing him better than ever stunned the blonde. "Listen don't get any ideas, he's basically like family."

Valese glanced at her nails, "whatever you say Marron." The blonde grumbled bitterly, her eyes narrowing down at the bored brunette. "Look, all I'm saying is Trunks is obviously more than that to you."

Marron sunk into her white couch and groaned loudly, "he invited me to coffee, too."

Valese turned over to the blonde and chuckled. "Oh yeah, he definitely wants some." Those very words prompted Marron to smack the brunette's arm lightly. "What?"

"There is no need to be so dirty about it," Marron huffed. The blonde's cheeks reddened from what seemed to be frustration and possibly embarrassment. This crush wasn't anything sexual...it was as innocent as they came. Besides it was just an old crush, Marron has liked other guys after that tournament. It's not like Trunks is the one and only crush she ever had. Hell, she recalled herself having some childhood crush on Goten. (For protecting her from Trunks' constant teasing. Clearly it didn't go beyond that as she was just five.) Unfortunately, the blonde couldn't get the image of the suited bachelor out of her head. Her heart flitted, she refused to believe that she was really going through this crush all over again.

Just as Valese was about to open her mouth Marron's phone buzzed. The two women looked over and saw the caller ID.

Speak of the devil.

-----

Trunks glanced at the blue screen, feeling the strain strike him in the eyes. He slid his fingers between the bridge of his nose and groaned. In his frustration Trunks came to a profound and philosophical thought: Work sucked. Despite the hybrid's high IQ he has never felt so lost, like a child piloting a spaceship. In truth, Trunks was bored. Bored of the formalities, the parties, the city's bustling nature. four measly years ago, Trunks was thrilled of being the family's youngest CEO. But tackling this leviathan so young was his biggest mistake thus far.

He flicked his glasses back down from his head, and pushed them back as he continued to type away mindlessly. His mind was nowhere near the concentration level the task he had at hand required. His mind drifted to Marron, and felt what seemed to be a bubbling envy towards the girl. She was working in a job she loved, and was still so inspired rather than dulled by the city lights. In her nature, she was secluded and reserved, and for a moment Trunks pondered if that was how living free felt like.

Trunks tapped his fingers on the glass desk, his eyes flicking between the window to the computer. Should he leave? It was an idea that he definitely flirted with in the past, however he hasn't committed such an act in ages. It wasn't like he didn't deserve a break. Trunks had years to finally realize his mother's legacy. There was a creeping suspicion that her escapades with his father didn't occur in the dead of the night. Trunks crept towards the window, unlocking it and crawling out. He squat on the ledge of the building, propelling himself into the air, before blasting away.