14: With You

In all honestly, Valese expected a quick fix and not have to play therapist for thirty minutes. But she understood the situation to a level that the enthusiastic raven-haired man didn't imagine. In part, thanks to her blabbermouth blonde friend. Even so, the brunette listened as intently as she could to the man who seemed to be drowning out his emotions to her. God, she thought, these men can be so emotional.

She traced a manicured nail on his hand that laid splayed on the table. "Listen Goten," Valese began, "there is a lot on your mind, and I'm sure Marron will be willing to talk to you if you let her."

Goten looked up at her, his eyes begging for some reassurance.

"Right, you know her pretty, well right?" Goten asked, then as if to himself, "I uh - I just feel like she might be siding with Trunks on this whole thing. Talk about favoritism, am I right?"

Valese clicked her tongue at him. "Marron's got a good heart, she will listen to anyone." She leaned in closer to Goten. "Trust me," she purred out.

She didn't want to admit it, but Valese believed the entire ordeal was rather stupid. There was so much more to argue about and these three idiots seemed to focus on the topic of what kind of lifestyle is better? Valese was not one to judge. Sure, she was the life of the party, and she might tease Marron quite a bit for her choices but never to the point that Goten and Trunks had.

"Gah, she may have a good heart, but she won't magically fix everything!" Goten groaned. "I already tried fixing his relationship with his mom but damn, even that didn't work. I think I'm gonna run out of choices soon."

The brunette stared at him sympathetically, her lips pouting as drew circles on the hybrid's palm. "Maybe you just got to take your mind off of things, yeah?" Valese responded, continuing to sip on her mango smoothie, "You've been talking so much about this whole thing, it may be best to do something different."

Goten leaned back in his chair, folding his arms over his chest. "Well, now that you bring it up, I did want to catch up with some friends," he said. "You can come along if you'd like but uh -I don't -"

Valese clicked her tongue, shaking her head. "I've got a girl's day with Marron, so don't stress it." She paused to sip her drink. "Besides, I'm not the kind of gal you want to bring home."

With that final remark, the brunette winked and got up from her seat. "Don't want to keep her waiting now."

The thick scent of acetone permeated in the air, burning the nostrils of the patrons of the salon. The distinct sound of drills whirring, sugary pop beats and indistinct chatter ricocheting off the white walls. This was the classic nail salon in the center of West City, it's inflated pricing enough to make any wallet cry paying more for location rather than service. Marron sat back on the squeaky pedicure chairs feeling as the rough machines attempting to simulate a massage dug painfully into her back whilst a woman buffed every callous off her feet.

This was not Marron's ideal "girl's day" but it most certainly was Valese's. The brunette seemed far more at peace with her foot massage and bath soaks where Marron was fidgeting at the rubbery gloved fingers groomed her feet, she uncomfortably shifted stifling her laughter from the tickling sensation.

Valese leaned back on the chair, taking a sip of her champagne. "Isn't this relaxing?" The brunette melted into her seat, "just us gals, no emotional men to bother us."

Marron quirked a brow at the woman's statement but decided against questioning her. The blonde simply couldn't be bothered to know what was happening with her. Marron slumped back into her seat taking a sip out of her mimosa, watching aimlessly the woman paint her toenails the usual light pink color she always requested. She preferred to stay quiet especially after the events she has gone through in the past few days. She twiddled an astray strand of hair, rolling it onto her fingertips watching as the curl fell loosely back on her forehead.