Happiness At A Price

Marron's eyes fluttered awake, glancing over to the laptop she settled down on the floor. Her mind was still a bit scattered as she struggled to recall the details of the evening prior. She felt the sorbet sunlight burst through the white curtains of the hospital room.

As she turned her body over gently, she was met face-to-face with Trunks sleeping soundly. Marron, in complete shock, sat up as she let the memories fall into place. So it wasn't a dream?

Marron glanced down at him, his body squished against the handle of the hospital bed and beside her. He was peaceful, like a little puppy fast asleep. No serious scowl, just a content expression, she could watch him forever. His hair was disheveled and full of frizz, likely from the low-quality fabric of the pillowcase. He was so...cute?

This is definitely not the ideal angle for someone to catch their-

Well, what were they? Dating? Talking?

Maron shook off the thought and decided it was best to wake the sleeping hybrid. Despite her wishes, Marron shook his shoulder gently. "Trunks..." she said softly, to avoid startling him.

Trunks opened his eyes feeling a serious crick in his neck as he moved his head. He stirred in his sleep until his eyes opened looking upward to a gentle voice calling his name, and a hazy, sleepy-grin laced across his lips. The sun's rays that peeked through the curtains cascaded off of her skin, her golden hair cascading down to her waist. He hadn't responded, still internalizing the ethereal sight before him.

"Morning," he yawned, stretching his neck left and right. "What time is it?" Trunks asked, his eyes squinted looking for a clock.

"8:45 AM" Marron replied, her phone in hand. For a couple of seconds, the blonde was quiet scrolling through her notifications before receiving a text from her mother.

"Be there soon."

Marron's eyes flew open, the calm she had from waking up in Trunks' embrace quickly turned into a pure panic. "Shit, shit..."

Trunks perked up, looking over to her phone. "What's up?"

She looked over to the hybrid who was still processing waking up. "My parents are on their way...like right now..."

Trunks stared blankly at her before the realization washed over him. "Oh they're coming..."

Marron nodded. "Yes, so like...change."

Trunks got up grabbing the clothes from the evening prior and heading straight for the bathroom. As he closed the door behind him, he pressed his back against the door, sliding downward to the cold tile floor. He held his breath.

They both felt the same way, right? Why was he so nervous? Maybe it was his drained energy? Given he had the entire night beside her, he ensured she had bountiful amounts.

He'd recuperate. He wasn't concerned.

However last night, he almost slipped up...unbeknownst to him, his body craved her touch more than ever. Had it been different circumstances...maybe things would have ended differently.

However, this was so much more than craving sex. He'd had primal urges like this in the past that were easily purged. He'd never slept beside a woman without ulterior motives, not in a long time anyway.

He felt as though he was walking on thin ice, especially when it came to both of their parents.

"Oh honey, you look so good!" A muffled voice said through the door. It sounded like Krillin speaking.