15: Sneak & Hurt

The commotion of the school hallways reverberated in Bulla's skull. The sounds of lockers slamming, uproarious laughter and administrators yelling at students filled the atmosphere...with a slight musk of body odor intertwining in the air. Bulla, somehow, maneuvered her way through the thickly dense hallways of West City High in her clunky dress shoes and stiff mandatory uniform. The princess was itching to pry the blazer off and just fly out of school. For a moment, she contemplated just how bad it'd be to sneak out of school...she was a Saiyan, they wouldn't catch her even if they tried.

Bulla stared down to her brown, boxy shoes then stared long and hard at the metal locker before her. Before she could even think of the people around her, the blue-haired hybrid let out an enraged kick to her locker, leaving a significant dent in the metal. People froze all around her, and Bulla could suddenly feel her cheeks burning from her outburst.

Her mother always did say she didn't belong in a normal school...what, with her Vegeta-like temper it was a surprise she wasn't in detention more often for her misbehaving on campus. Quickly, she took off running to the courtyard. She could feel the regal bun loosening itself with every bounce she took, more and more of her frayed Saiyan-like hair peeking out of her masterful gelling down.

She was definitely sneaking out now.

Bulla could not hold herself in the stuffy high school for a moment longer. She could practically feel the walls closing in on her...all she wanted was to break out of her "cage." Perhaps this built up tension stems from the girl being in her final days of high school...and that very itching feeling of being there was finally getting to her...who knows. However, Bulla knew one thing to be true...she had to get out of there...and she knew just the person to see.

Trunks popped into her mind immediately. Truth be told, she missed her older brother dearly...their bickering, their sparring, it was just a way of life for her. But since the day he took off on his own to that highrise...Bulla hasn't seen her older brother in a long time. Despite how insufferable he could be, she almost got...emotional...thinking of him. Excited when she hears anything about him, she guesses the saying is true: distance does make the heart grow fonder. Bulla took off into the sky, her skirt not being cooperative with her flight.

As she glanced towards the tall highrise she spotted her brother on the balcony, to her surprise, looking down-trodden and disheveled. Bulla landed gently on the balcony and tilted her head, the now messy bun flopping with her. "Trunks?" Bulla asked gently, as to not startle him.

Her sensitive nose picked up on the cigarette and Bulla was quick to snatch it out of his hands, putting it out with the bottom of her shoe. "Those things are no good for you," Bulla chastised, "ya know if dad found out you were picking up on mom's nasty habits he'd kick your ass."

Trunks sighed, pushing up the messy lavender-hair off of his face, revealing deep-set bags under his eyes. "Whaddya want, Bulla?" Trunks groaned, slumping down on the outdoor chair, "here to make a daily report for mom or something?"

Bulla clicked her tongue, leaning her arms on the railing of the balcony. "Ah...ye have little faith, brother," Bulla said slyly. Trunks rolled his eyes at Bulla's word choice. "Oh what, can't I just say hi to my big brother?" Bulla asked innocently but grew upset with the lack of response. She curiously wandered closer to the hybrid, inspecting his face. "Jeez, you look the worse for wear."

Trunks only passively shrugged at the comment, rubbing his eyes frustratedly. "Yeah, I know," Trunks groaned out finally, "Capsule Corp's annual earnings are coming up soon, and...of course our dear mother has a stick up her ass trying to ensure everything is perfect...like it's not even my job to count all this crap," he continued.