13: Bad Idea

Marron sat wrapped in a cocoon on her bed staring dejectedly out her window at the downpour of rain cast over West City. Watching the gentle droplets race down the glass window pane. It's been a week since she had gone out to spend some time with Trunks in the most peculiar of ways, recreating a childhood memory, however, the blonde couldn't bring herself out of the slump she'd been sent to. Marron wasn't the type to wallow in her own sadness for too long, but the subject of her estranged boyfriend was a subject she rather not talk about. It was an event that must remain in the past, but since her recent reencounter with the man, the blonde couldn't help but feel her stomach flipping about in anxiety.

A sigh escaped her lips as she lay on the bed in a fetal position to comfort her saddened self. how could she allow one person to cause all of this? It wasn't fair to her and her wellbeing. She laid her feet outstretched on a bed with no bed sheets, pink swollen lids from incessant crying yet again. She heard a knock on her door and snatched her tissue box, and under her ginormous comforter dragged her soulless self to the door to find herself face-to-face with a smiling lavender-haired hybrid. A plastic bag in his hand. Marron stared disheartened at the bag and back up over to him.

Perfect timing, Marron thought, less than enthused, just what I needed.

"A girl named Valese called me," Trunks began, "she uh...told me to come up here and check on you."

Marron cursed her brunette friend, she could almost picture the many ways she'd slaughter her once she saw her again. "Mar," Trunks interrupted the blonde's train of thought. "Are you okay?"

She picked her head up and wrapped herself around her blanket tighter, forcing a grin on her puffy face. "Me? Doin' better than ever!" Marron lied with a faux-grin "Why are you asking?"

She seemed exhausted.

Trunks examined her trying to decipher the strange expression plastered all over her face, this is not the blissful Marron he knows. "You don't look it," Trunks stated, squeezing between her and the doorway. "Seriously, is there something I gotta do?"

Marron huffed, rubbing her eyes to adjust her own tear-blurred vision before slumping down on her couch. "Trunks, the best thing you can do for me right now is to just go," she insisted. "And Valese has to keep her nose out of people's business," Marron continued before turning her cheek to the Saiyan.

Trunks watched her as he set the plastic bag on the counter and walked over to the couch. Refusing to heed her orders, he sat beside her. "I can't do that, Mar," Trunks stated causing her to turn around, "I mean...I'm worried." He recovered, unsure of how to deal with the emotionally turbulent side of Marron. He had never been good at being compassionate nor empathetic, and this sorry attempt at helping a friend who has been there for him was difficult. Sure taking her out to relive some childhood memories would work in theory... but, the blonde had something far more serious than daily stresses on her mind. In truth, Valese had called Trunks through the intercom to tell him she wasn't able to come help Marron. Trunks took that as a cue to know his friend was unwell.

"Trunks..." Marron groaned sinking into the white sofa, "taking me to the reserve helped...but this...this is far bigger than a simple reliving of happy memories," Marron said woefully glancing into his worried pools of dark blue. She felt the heated rush of a blush creep on her cheeks and ears, embarrassed she'd been caught in such a vulnerable state, yet again. "It's too personal..."

The hybrid stood up from the sofa. Unsure if he wanted to embrace the blonde or leave her be. He chose the latter, giving her a sad smile. "Just remember," Trunks began backing up to the door, "you can always go up and talk to me if you need to." With his statement, the demi-Saiyan shut the door to her apartment with his heart thumping out of his chest. What was that? Trunks thought, panicking from the prospect of offering help to someone, when he doesn't know how to deal with his own emotional dilemmas, having been stifling them into his subconscious for years. Maybe she wouldn't come for advice...