Blathers x Reader(Gender Neutral)

Requested by:
rainbowcat626

Y/N= your name

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I slowly trudged to the museum. I had a fossil in my pocket, feeling like it weighed a thousand pounds. It was my last fossil. Today, a part of me died inside.

To understand, we'll have to go back to a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...about a year, or so ago. In this same village...

I had just moved into the village. I hadn't had a chance to make friends, because I was busy. Busy looking for fossils.

For all you completionist gamers out there, you know what it's like to have to look for everything. It's hard but worth it! I have to wait for the different seasons, but it was well worth it.

Because, every day, I got to see Blathers! Every day, I'd take the bugs and fish I caught into the museum to donate them, and I got to talk to Blathers. He was smart, funny, and very cultured.

But, unfortunately, today was the day I brought in my last fossil. I had donated all the bugs in the grass, and all the fish in the sea. All the museum was missing was one last fossil. I carried that fossil in my pocket like I carried so many questions in my head.

Would I ever see Blathers again? Why would he choose to stay here when everything's caught? What happens now? I almost wanted to stop right here and throw the fossil away, but I trudged forward.

I walked into the museum, at night, to find Blathers reading a book about the anatomy of bugs. I slowly walked over to him. "Oh!", he exclaimed, putting away his book. "Good evening, (Y/N)!"

"Hey.", I mumbled a reply. "Is everything alright?", he asked, looking concerned. "Umm..." I pulled out the fossil and handed it to him. He took it, as he still gave me a concerned look.

"Well!", he stated, cheering up. "I do believe congrats are in order. This is your last donation!" He looked over at me. Hearing him say it was my last donation made my eyes water.

Now Blathers really started to worry. "(Y/N), what's wrong?!", he asked, pocketing the fossil. "N-N-Not-t-thi-in-in-g.", I croaked, desperately trying to hold back the tears.

"(Y/N), I know you,", he spoke the truth. We had spoken every day since we met, so he knew when something was up. "I know when you're not feeling good. Please tell me what's wrong!", he pleaded, grabbing my shoulders.

After that, I just gave up and started bawling my eyes out. Blathers held me close to him as I cried. His feathers felt so soft...

"It's okay. It's okay.", he whispered, patting my back. I let go of the hug to look at him. "I d-d-don't w-want yo-u-u to l-l-lea-eave!", I choked, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Leave?", Blathers chuckled. "Why would I leave?" "Because there's nothing new to find! There are no new fossils to collect, no new bugs to catch! Why would you stay here if there's no adventure here?" I started to cry again.

Blathers just chuckled. "I stay here because of you.", he whispered. "Every day is an adventure with you. When you're here, every day is a new experience!" I held Blathers close, crying again.

Only this time...it was different. This time...I was happy. Blathers could always make me happy, even in my darkest times.

As long as I'm with Blathers...

I will always find happiness!

A/N
Sorry if you didn't like the story. I tried my best. If you do see something wrong, whether it's spelling or grammar, or you just have a different opinion of where I should have gone with this story, please let me know. I do take criticism and I won't think you're rude, or whatever, simply for stating your opinion. I'm still new at this and I'd prefer feedback! Bye, for now!👋