Ch. 9

Oscar's POV:

Once me and Mel got in the house we went to my room. I turned something on, on Netflix. I gave her one of my T-shirts to wear to bed. After that we laid down. She snuggled into my chest and I was playing with her hair.

I still couldn't believe what had happened in the past day. She fought three people, got suspended, found out she was claimed, then she admitted to me that she was raped, which still makes my blood boil, then I fingered her. And it was amazing. Her moans are music to my ears. Her begging. The ways he moves her hips. It all makes me weak in the knees. But most of all her smile and her laugh.

I don't know how we're going about everything is right, but nothing feels wrong.

———
Melanie's POV:

I got woken up by getting a pillow thrown at me.

"Ayo, what the fuck?" I yelled.

"I called it." I heard Antonio say.

Oscar groaned. "Can y'all shut the fuck up?"

"Called what?" I asked.

"That y'all were gonna do something." He said.

"Wow." I said and shook my head.

"Wait first off. Why would you guys even questioning that?" Oscar asked and finally sat up.

"Because you're Oscar and she's Melly. That's why." Antonio said. "These two didn't think you guys were gonna do anything."

I just shook my head. "What time is it?"

"11 o'clock." Rigo said.

"Shouldn't y'all be in school?" Oscar said before I did.

"We're all gonna be drop outs anyways. Might as well start seeing what it's like and take the day off." Antonio said and laughed.

"Oh fun, not get the fuck out." Oscar said.

"We so you and-"

Oscar cut Cesar off. "I said get the fuck out."

The three of them laughed and walked out.

"I'm to awake to go back to sleep." I said.

"Same here. Fucking bitches bro."

We laughed.

———

About an hour later I showered and got ready with what I could. I knew the minute I walked outside I was gonna see all the Santos out there.

But I got dressed in a pair of Oscar's grey sweats, which were kind of tight on my. Then I tied the black shirt he gave me last night in the front and tucked it up in the shirt.  I looked decent so I wasn't mad about the outfit.

Once I got out of the bathroom I walked out to the living room and saw all the guys sitting there.

They all looked at me funny and kind of laughed.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"You got a little something right there." Antonio said pointing to a spot on his neck.

I rolled my eyes. "What you've never seen a hickey before?" I said sitting down by Oscar.

"What you've never seen a hickey before?" Oscar said and pulled his shirt down a little show one of the hickeys I gave him.

"This is so weird." Rigo said.

"How?" I asked.

"Cause we always thought you guys would okay pretend." Cesar said.

"Yeah yeah yeah whatever. I gotta get going so nice little talk we had here." I said standing up to walk out.

"You sure about that?" Cesar said.

"Yeah I'm sure." I said I turned around to use the back door.

———

I decided that I was going to go out the back door, hop the fence, walk the ally, then walk around like I was coming back from Ruby's.

My plan seems solid, kind of. I know people know I was with Oscar last night but if I walk back from Ruby's maybe they'll be curious and I won't have to deal with it.

———

I walked into my house to see my dad standing in the kitchen.

He didn't have to say anything. I already knew he was pissed.

He just stared at me.

I just walked to my room, I need to cover up this hickey before he can see it or see more of it if saw it already.

"Melanie." He said sternly before I could open my bedroom door.

"Yeah dad?"

I started cautiously walking towards the kitchen.

Once I got in the kitchen he just stared at me. I want to say something but I knew it would just make whatever this situation is worse.

"Where were you last night?" He finally spoke.

I stopped looking at him and looked at the table in front of him.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" He yelled and slammed his fist on the table. "Now I'm gonna ask you again. Where were you last night?"

"I was with Oscar." I said quietly.

"What did you say?"

"I said I was with Oscar."

He paused a moment then stood up. He walked in front of me.

He grabbed my chin and tilted my head. He then moved my hair out of the way.

He maliciously laughed and shook his head.

"So you think you can be fast? You think you're grown? You think that you're so tough you can go out shacking it up with anybody?" He yelled in my face.

But I didn't say anything. I could feel my heart in my throat. I was frozen.

He moved his hand off my chin and shoved me into the counter.

"Well are you gonna answer my questions?" He shouted.

I nodded my head. "I don't think any of that." I tried to say respectfully as possible.

"So you're calling me a liar?" He shouted then got up in my face again. "Oscar might've claimed you. You're my daughter. You don't get to go around fucking anybody." I could feel his hot breath on my face. It reeked of alcohol and cigarettes. "I found out you're fucking somebody again. I will beat you so bad you won't be able to." He looked at me another moment before grabbing my shoulder and pushing me down as hard as he could.

———

I stayed in the house all day. I ignored everybody. I don't know why his words effected me so much today. But they did. I know he'll hit me. But he's never beaten me where I couldn't function properly. I know most of his threats are empty but today's didn't feel like that.

It's about 7 o'clock. So I might as well roll a jay and go to sleep. I have runs to make tomorrow.

———

I smoked about half my joint when the front door opened. I heard all the boys talking.

Then there was a knock on my door before Oscar walked in and closed it. I heard an "oooh" coming from the boys. I just shook my head and rolled my eyes.

Oscar opened the door again just little bit so they'd shut up.

"You ignoring everybody today?" He asked an came to sit down next to me.

"Yeah pretty much."

"You just wanted to be alone or something?" He asked and I could hear the concern in his voice.

"Yeah I just wanted to be alone for a bit." I said.

"Okay well you'll know where I'll be if you need me." He sincerely smiled and walked out.

-cantevenfunction