Ch. 6

Melanie's POV:

"Shut the fuck up Jamal. I'm not in the mood."

"Oh really?" Jamal asked. Ruby just sat down at the table watching this happen.

"Yeah I'm not. I just found out Oscar's claimed me for the last like 8 months. And no one told me about it."

Jamal and Ruby just looked at each other.

"Well we wanted to tell you." Ruby said. "But nobody would let us because we knew you'd freak out, worse than Monse."

"I'm not mad that he claimed, I'm mad that nobody told me about it."

"Look at on the bright side though. You've already been in this life now for what 6 months for what I heard, so at least now you don't have to live up to extremely high expectations going in because you already made you're mistakes." Ruby said trying to make me feel better. It didn't work but it's the thought that counts.

"Ruby I already know this. But moving on where's Monse?"

"Probably with her on again off again boyfriend." Jamal said.

"So she's with Cesar?"

———

I was at Ruby's all day and I still am because according to the guys, plus Ruby and Jamal. The block is hot and I'm the main target so I should wait till I have a ride to leave.

I might as well just stay the night. It already almost twelve in the morning. Ruby's fine with it anyways he's the one that suggested it.

Oscar Diaz

11:53

Hey no need to pick me up
I'm staying the night Ruby's.

No need I'll be there in like 20

Okay

———

I was waiting and waiting outside for Oscar to come get me.

I finally see him pull up and I walk to his car.

Once I get in I notice that none of the other boys are there.

"Where the guys?" I asked.

"They wanted to stay. I didn't want to stay there much longer anyways. That party was boring as fuck."

"Damn. Glad I didn't go then." I said trying to keep the conversation.

I wouldn't say that it's awkward between me and Oscar. But we've never been really close and we've only been alone with each other a few times. But now knowing that everyone thinks I'm his, it makes it a little bit weird.

"I guess. Everyone kept asking me and the boys about you." He said lighting a cigarette.

"What we're they asking?"

"If we knew, what's gonna happen, and a lot of other bullshit." I he said.

I sat there for minute thinking on what I should say next.
"Like what other bullshit?"

We stopped at a red light and just looked at me for a moment.

"Well what other bullshit?" I asked again.

He gave me a small smirk and looked back at the road cause the light turned green.

"Everyone kept saying how fine you are, how fat of an ass you have and" he paused for a second and glanced at me. "Kept asking how good you are in bed." He lightly laughed.

I just stared at my feet in embarrassment.

"Well I guess that's a question you'll also have to keep asking yourself." I playfully said.

"I don't think I will for long."

I looked up from my feet and at him in confusion.

"Hows that?"

"Because if you've noticed, we're not on the way back to the house."

-cantevenfunction