Ch. 18

Oscar's POV:

She just looked at me in shock.

"Is this what you were hiding from me?" I asked.

I saw tears stream down her face. "One of the things." Her voice cracked.

Now I was confused. "We'll get to that in a second. Who gave you those bruises?"

I walked closer to her. "Mel please tell me who gave those bruises."  I tried my best to control my anger but you could hear it in my tone.

"Oscar I can't tell you-"

I interrupted her. "The fuck you can Melanie. Who's hurting you?"

The tears just kept coming. I saw how hurt she was. I just sat on her bed and waited for her to calm down.

"Baby come here."

She came up to me.

"Did you get jump?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"Did you get your ass beat?"

She kind of laughed but still shook her head.

"Melanie."

"Yeah."

I honestly didn't want to ask this but I had too. "Was it your dad?"

He face just dropped and she just cried harder. I pulled her into my chest and comforted her. I felt terrible. Me and everybody else looked up to him. We all respected that man. We all looked at him like a father figure and to find this out.

"Mel I'm so sorry."

She wiped her face. "It's not your apology to give Oscar."

I let out a deep breath. "What was the other thing?" I just wanted to change the subject off her dad. It was also kind of a selfish reason because I didn't want to talk about it right now. I looked up to that man when my dad left.

She just looked down. "When I went to the party I was looking for Jade before I left and I saw my rapist. I was going from room to room trying to find Jade and I found him in one of the bathrooms. He pulled me in and I tried to get him to admit what he did was wrong. But he didn't. So that's why I was so off earlier."

I didn't know what to say. This girl has gone through so much.

"I don't want talk about him anymore."

"Why didn't you tell anybody about your dad?" I asked.

"Because I never really had any evidence until now."

"What do you mean?"

She sighed. "Well he's left bruises before but nothing like this. He did this because he found out we had sex."

We heard the front door open and close.

"Hey Mr. Sanchez." I heard Cesar say.

"Hey boys." He said. "Where's the other two?"

"In her bedroom." Antonio laughed.

Little did those dimwits know shits about to fucking explode if he comes in here.

We heard a knock on the door and Mel tried to move out of my arms but I wouldn't let her.

"Oscar." She whispered.

Then her dad walked in. "What's she crying about?" Her dad tried acting all concerned.

I just death stared him.

I slowly lifted up Mel's shirt and she just looked away.

"That's why she's fucking crying." I got up shoved him out of the room. "You think it's cool to lay hands on your daughter?" I pushed him down this time.

"Yo what is going on?" Antonio yelled.

"This cabrón right here lays hands on his daughter."

All boys just looked at me in shock. Antonio rubbed his jaw a minute.

"Take this bitch outside." Antonio yelled. "And Rigo, go get Papa." Rigo practically ran out the house.

"Y'all ain't gonna do shit. What evidence do you have anyways?" He said trying to get up but I just pushed him back down.

"The evidence I just showed you bitch." I yelled. "Cesar help me carry this bitch outside." I said the stomped on his stomach.

We carried him outside and I saw Rigo with him and his mom come up to the house.

"Where's Melanie?" Mrs. Santiago asked.

"Inside Mama." Rigo said and she went.

Me and Cesar dropped him on the street then Mr. Santiago came up to him.

He put his hand out to help Mr. Sanchez up.

I was confused on what he was doing. But I just wanted to see how this was gonna play out.

———

Melanie's POV:

I was sitting on my bed crying my eyes out when Mrs. Santiago came in.

"Oh niña come here." She said pulled me into a hug.

"It's okay baby cry it out."

She just sat there and let me cry and cry and cry. She just comforted me and I missed that feeling so much by my mother.

"Where'd he hurt you?" She asked.

I got off the bed and lifted the back of my shirt to show her.

"Oh niña."

"You don't have to say anything Mrs. Santiago, I'll be fine." I gave her a weak smile.

She was about to say something when we both heard police sirens.

I immediately ran outside.

I saw my dad taken over on the other side of the sidewalk to interrogated. I saw Mr. Santiago talking to the police about what happened.

-cantevenfunction