Chapter 33: Last Try to Save the Beta

Liam managed to fall asleep in the 10-minute drive to the McCall house. Theo felt bad waking him up, but he didn't feel like sitting in his truck all night.

"Hey, Li; we are here," Theo shook his boyfriend awake.

Liam twisted around and looked at the chimera, wincing in pain.

"Can you stand?" Theo asked him.

Liam nodded then tried to open the truck door.

"Wait, Liam," Theo jumped out and went over to the passenger door. He picked Liam up and carried him into the McCall house. Melissa wasn't home yet which was good for Liam; he put him on the couch and went back to grab their stuff. Liam was shaking so badly; Theo grabbed a blanket and threw it on the small boy.

"Do you need anything?"

"Sleep," Liam whispered.

Theo sat on the couch beside the exhausted beta; when he heard a knock on the door. Theo cautiously looked out the window, in fear of it being hunters. He saw Derek, Peter, and Malia standing there and was relieved; they must be back from their search for hunters. Theo opened the door, and Liam tried to stand up from the couch, but Theo glared at him indicating he should sit back down.

"Hey, kid," Derek looked at him.

Liam nodded his head at the older werewolf, still shaking and fighting off exhaustion. Malia sat down beside him and started rubbing his shoulder.

"Liam, I swear my phone has been non-stop ringing over you," Peter looked at the beta.

Liam looked at him questioningly.

"Since I am your legal guardian the school calls me concerned about you every day," Peter smirked at Liam, "this is what I get for being nice; what's going on with you?"

"Nothing, I'm fine," Liam replied.

"And I'm not a werewolf," Derek broke in.

"Well, you weren't for a period of time," Peter stated. Derek gave him a death stare.

"Liam, you look like death; Stiles said you haven't been answering anyone's texts."

"I'm fine Derek."

The boy's eyes started to turn yellow, and Theo instantly smelt the blood coming out his hands.

"Hey, Liam they are just concerned about you," Theo grabbed his hand. Liam's claws retracted and his eyes turned back to blue.

"Kid, you are going to die, if you don't start taking care of yourself," Peter looked at him. Liam continued to look down at his hands.

Melissa suddenly walked in, "well isn't this a pleasant surprise."

"Melissa I know I'm always welcomed in your house," Peter smiled.

Melissa glared at him but assumed by their recent phone conversation and Liam avoiding eye contact, she knew why they were there.

"Theo, Malia, want to help me get dinner ready?" she asked the teens.

The two teens agreed and walked into the kitchen with Melissa. She figured maybe Derek and Peter could talk Liam into stopping this; she knew probably not, but it was one of the last chances until she had to seek medical help.

"So, Liam when was the last time you ate anything?" Peter asked him.

"This morning; I'm fine and I don't need your great advice," Liam snapped back.

"Ya, no one needs Peter's advice," he smirked at his uncle, "but, I have been told I give pretty good advice. I know what it is like to lose everyone you care about and even blame yourself for your loved ones' deaths. But you have to be stronger than those thoughts; I wasn't lying when I said you are one of the strongest werewolf's I have ever seen."

Liam stared at Derek, letting his words sink in; he was listening to him, but they just didn't understand he just couldn't stop. He didn't have control over himself anymore.

"Hey little one; you have to think of everyone who cares about you," Peter said. "I've watched this pack lose a lot of people; I wouldn't want them losing anymore."

Liam was shaking uncontrollably at this point and falling over. Peter walked over and sat beside him, letting the beta lay his head down on his shoulder. Derek was impressed; he knew Peter like the kid, but he didn't know he had that hidden in between his sarcastic taunts. Liam eventually passed out on top of Peter, but the man didn't move.

"Is he breathing?" Derek asked with concern.

"Barely," Peter said softly.

Melissa walked back in to get them for dinner and was shocked seeing Peter let Liam sleep on his shoulder.

"Wow, somewhere in there you do have a heart."

"Just a little bit, Melissa," he smiled back.

He woke Liam up gently, and the men helped him to the table.

"Liam, please eat something," Melissa stared at him with loving eyes.

Liam picked up his fork, shaking while the rest of the group was digging into their food. He started to push the chicken around his plate, not looking up. Theo suddenly put his hand on his thigh, giving the boy a reassuring look. He put a piece of chicken in his mouth, disgusted by the taste of food at this point. He ate a few more bites of everything, but then put down his fork.

The rest of the group was done and staring at Liam's almost still filled plate. The Hale's decided to leave soon, after dinner and said their goodbyes.

"Remember Liam, try for the people who care about you," Peter told the beta. Derek gave the boy a hug, followed by Malia.

"You can do this," she looked at him. She treated the kid like she treated her younger sister; she would do anything for him.

Liam and Theo went upstairs to do their homework; Melissa got a call from Argent and came in after she was done.

"I have good news; Monroe and her hunters were seen in New York," Melissa said Argent told her.

"Were they caught?" Liam asked.

"No."

Theo chuckled, "Then, why is that good news?"

"Because you guys don't have to deal with them for a little bit," she smiled.

"I guess," Liam said and went back to his work.

Theo smiled at the woman, "Thanks."