Chapter 25: Will there be a Future?

Liam and Scott came back in even quicker this time; Liam was worn out more than last night. Scott was actually carrying Liam this time; he sat him down beside Theo. He put his head down on the table; Scott sat beside Malia as she gave him a worried look. Theo placed his hand on the beta's back and rubbed his hand up and down the boy's sticking out spine. They sat in silence, unsure of what really to do. Eventually, Liam picked his head up and looked at them.

"Are you okay?" Theo asked him.

"I'm fine," Liam barked back.

Obviously, they knew he wasn't, but the beta would refuse to admit he needed help. He went upstairs and grabbed his schoolwork and sat down with them just staring at the book.

"What are you working on?" Scott asked him trying to break the silence.

"Stupid trigonometry," Liam replied.

"And that's how I almost didn't pass," Malia stated.

"I don't even know if I am," Liam said.

"Oh, you're passing," Theo glared at him, "I don't work this hard trying to teach you for nothing."

"Maybe, I am just too stupid to learn though," Liam looked at his boyfriend.

"You're good at history."

"Yes, but that's just memorization."

"Fine, one more year."

"Have you guys thought about what you want to do after school?" Scott interrupted their stare-off. He knew Liam already had lacrosse offers and his skills should be able to overcome his grades.

"I don't know how I would ever afford college," Theo looked at him.

"You are intelligent though; you can probably get a scholarship," Scott told the chimera.

"Well, if I could I would probably go for biochemistry and try to be a doctor; I always kind of wanted to do good, since I did so much bad."

Malia and Scott were actually shocked by this; they knew Theo had changed, but not this much.

"I think you can do it," Liam chipped in.

"Plus, I can help pay for college, " his voice broke into slight sadness, "my parents left me all their money."

Theo hadn't really thought of actually having a chance in life, but maybe if he could pull the Little Wolf up they might have a chance to be successful.

"What about you Liam?" Malia asked.

"I always wanted to play lacrosse at a college, and I've always liked sports so much I thought about trying to be an athletic trainer," Liam said. 

"If I survive that long," Liam thought to himself.

School had been lowered on his priority list right now; he didn't even know if any college would still want him on their team the way he was playing currently. He couldn't even think about moving past this and having a future.

They smiled at him, not knowing what he was thinking inside, but that he at least wanted to have a future because he was scaring them all right know.