Chapter 32: One Last Chance

Theo woke up and looked at his phone; he had two messages from Scott and one from Lydia.

Scott: "Is Liam okay? Mom's been keeping me updated, but Liam won't answer my texts." "Are you holding up okay; how is the rest of the puppy pack?"

Lydia: "Hey, Theo I hope everything is going well with you and Liam. Will you tell him to answer my texts?"

Theo shook his head; he was going to have to talk to Liam about not leaving his friends on read. Theo hadn't got as many messages as he got this week in his entire life. Liam must have already been downstairs; the bed smelled empty of him, and his spot was cold. He got ready, then walked downstairs. Melissa was in there making coffee; she was back to working daylights.

"Good morning, where's Liam?" Melissa asked him.

"I thought he was down here; I woke up, and he was already gone."

Suddenly, Liam walked in the front door looking shameful; he was clearly shaking and in workout clothes.

Melissa glared at the boy, "You did not go on for a run; did you?"

Liam looked down at his tennis shoes, barely able to stay standing. Theo went over to support him.

"You are an idiot; you know that?" Theo looked down at him.

Theo helped him up the stairs, and Liam got a quick shower. Theo made sure he didn't pass out in the shower; they went back downstairs once Liam was ready. Melissa had breakfast ready for them.

She had Liam's usual smaller portion, but as well as a vanilla nutritional shake. "I want you to drink that Liam; I'm serious," Melissa looked at him. Liam stared at the bottle, shaking and clearly scared. He was haunted by these drinks from inpatient; he looked at the label, staring at the number of calories in the bottle. Liam sat down; Theo never knew someone could panic this much about food. He's been researching eating disorders but never had experience with anyone with one. Theo was used to everyone just eating what they were giving and being thankful the Dread Doctors actually fed them for once, but he watched Liam break down, feeling his heartbreak for the boy.

Liam couldn't fight with Melissa, so he reluctantly drank the shake, but ignored the food sitting there. Theo stared at the boy as they walked to the truck.

"How long did you run this morning?"

"I don't know just to the preserve and back."

"Liam that is 4 miles!"

"I know; I should have been able to do more."

"Liam you walked in, and I thought you were going to collapse on the floor. You're scaring me."

"I'll be fine; I just need to get back in shape."

"You were never out of shape; your body just doesn't have enough fuel to support yourself."

Liam knew that deep down inside of him, but his eating disorder manipulated his thought pattern.

The boys pulled into the school. The day went on the same way; Liam struggled to stay focused in his classes. Liam, Mason, and Corey all walked into the cafeteria. Liam looked like he was struggling to even stand at this point. He basically collapsed in the chair beside Theo.

Nolan and Alec stared at the beta, unsure of what to do.

"Liam?" Nolan looked at him.

"Hey, Little Wolf, do you want to go to the nurse?" Theo asked his boyfriend.

For once in his life, Liam nodded his head yes, "I just need to lie down for a little bit."

"Do you need me to go with you two?" Mason asked.