Chapter 19: An Uninvited Guest

Soon the funeral director opened the door, Liam took his position in front of the caskets to shake hands and hug family members and friends. Although they were well-liked Jenna and Dr.Geyer had no really close family members that would stand beside Liam. Theo stood with him since he was basically their adoptive son; they figured other family members wouldn't mind. The rest of the pack wandered around the lobby and sitting area, making sure there was no trouble and to make sure the beta was okay. People started coming in around 2:45. Liam knew he just had to stand there for 2 hours; he could do this.

Dr.Geyer's sister and her husband were one of the first people there. They had a few dinners with Liam's family and really liked the boy. They hugged Liam as the doctor's sister cried over her brother. Liam gripped Theo's hand tighter; he began doubting if he could do this. More family members came after them, and Liam just began to go numb to everyone stating their apologizes. Some of the members on Jenna's side of the family and even his father's side that didn't support what his father had done to Jenna and Liam came to pay their final respects. Melissa helped some of her co-workers go by Liam, paying respects to one of the most diligent doctors at the hospital. Jenna was well-liked at the hospital sending treats to Dr.Geyer and his co-workers. They had plenty of friends that came over for dinner from time to time. They all knew Liam quite well, many people were shocked at his skinner appearance, but everyone knew this wasn't the time to say anything.

Some of the doctor's co-workers who were close to the Dunbar-Geyer family pulled Melissa aside and asked if Liam was okay.

"Not really," she told them. "He's taking this really hard and not taking care of himself. I am really worried about him myself. My son, boyfriend, and I are going to continue to take care of him when this is all over."

Liam hugged his aunts and uncles, all concerned for the boy's well-being, asking the boy if he had someone taking care of him. Theo butted in to save the beta and told them he was as well as Peter officially taking the role of legal guardian. Peter shook his head at the chimera in agreement; the family members swarmed Peter asking him questions about how he was going to take care of the boy. Peter surprisingly handled them well, leaving them more comforted about one of their favorite nephews. Jenna was one of the favorites of the family taking care of everyone; she took care of her parents until they passed as well as running family reunions and dinners.

Nolan and Alec came a little bit later, not really knowing when the boy wanted them there. Scott convinced them to stay for the rest of the viewing, and they easily agreed. Boys from the lacrosse teams of Beacon Hills and Devonford Prep came to support their teammate, despite making people mad over the years. Liam was still well-liked and respected for his skills. After pretty much everyone in Beacon Hills knew he was a werewolf, he even gained some more respect after keeping his cool with Gabe and Nolan at school. Coach Finstock let the boys have off practice for the evening for the viewing which had never happened before. Coach even came in to tell his captain he was sorry for everything that had happened to him, actually sincere for once. He was taken aback by the weakened state of his star player, but he had actually been watching him for a few weeks at practice slowly deteriorate. Despite him looking like he didn't care, he actually mentioned it to the new guidance counselor who was going to speak to Liam this week, before this all went down. He ended up talking to Scott and Stiles for a while about Liam, college, and how everything was going. Other teachers came including Mr. Yukimura and his wife; they talked to Lydia and Parrish about Kira while Scott was stuck talking to Coach.

Some of Liam's family members questioned who Theo was; Liam calmly told them his boyfriend. Most of them took it well, however, some made some homophobic comments that made Liam's heart sink. Theo saw the change in the boy's eyes and helped reassured him he was better than what they said. The two hours actually seemed to be going by pretty quickly; Liam was basically numb for the entire time just shaking hands and accepting hugs. As the funeral director was about to close the door, a rough-looking man came in, looking drunk and angry. Theo noticed Liam's hand start shaking his claws digging into his palm as he let go of Theo's hand. The beta's sadness turned into anger. Theo noticed the man looked similar to Liam and put two and two together. Peter and Derek did as well and stopped the man, before approaching the boy.

"Are you here to pay your respects or cause trouble?" Derek calmly asked the man.

The rest of the pack was staring at the man; Mason and Corey went to the other side of Liam. Nolan and Alec stood in front of the beta.

"What am I not allowed to say goodbye to my one love in this world, or did my pathetic son take that away from me too?" the man growled back at Derek. 

Theo grabbed Liam as he and the rest of the boys took Liam away from the casket. Liam was shaking, blood coming out of hands as he stared at the man. His eyes turned yellow and his fangs bared through his teeth. He was ready to tear the man apart.

"Well, Liam looks like you got even worse looking than you were when you were little," the man chuckled. Theo held Liam back from attacking him. "You think you are stronger than me werewolf," the man taunted. He held up a small vile of purple powder, wolfsbane. Liam shuttered at the sight of it. "I figured if I was going to see my monster of a son; I better be prepared. How does it feel Liam knowing you are the reason that your mother is dead? How does it feel to know you managed to get your father put away in jail for six years? How does it feel to always be a problem?" Liam's anger was building; Theo was doing everything he can to pull him back. He knew he couldn't attack the man, especially with the wolfsbane in his hand.

Scott flashed his eyes red at Liam's father, "Say one more thing and you will be welcomed back in your prison cell."

"Scott McCall, the true alpha, I think I can handle you too," the man snarked. He pulled out a small knife dripping in yellow wolfsbane on the alpha.

Everyone was shocked at how much Liam's father knew. 

Peter glared at the man, "Monroe?"

"Of course, I saw my idiot son's picture all over the place and contacted her asking to fight. I told her where Liam's family lived. I told her how to take him out; I know he is weak, just look at him now."

Peter snarled at the man, "So you think you can take all of us down? Honestly, it looks like you have 0.1% strength of your son's strength. Your son is one of the most powerful werewolves I know."

Just then Parrish, Noah, and Argent pinned the man behind his back and drug him out in handcuffs. Liam stood there shaking in Theo's arms. Mason, Corey, Alec, and Nolan tried to calm him down, but nothing was working. Liam went into a full-blown panic attack; Stiles tried to distract him, knowing it was the only way to stop his panic attacks. Lydia came over and told Theo to kiss him as it worked with Stiles. Theo tried to, but the beta was thrashing so badly he wouldn't focus on the chimera. Scott finally came back in from helping them get Liam's father into the police car and flashed his red eyes at his beta trying to get the wolf inside of him to keep from coming out. He collapsed in Theo's arms and blacked out in exhaustion. Theo was bleeding from where the boy scratched him during his rage. Melissa came over and helped Theo steady himself as Peter took the small limp boy from his arms. Melissa helped Theo heal quickly as Peter and Malia took Liam to Theo's truck and laid him down on the back seat. Theo jumped in the passenger seat, and Peter decided to drive the boys back to the McCall house. The rest of the pack decided to go back to the house too for a debriefing of what had happened.