Chapter 8: A Little Touch

Theo and Liam climbed into his truck. The beta leaned on the window, refusing to speak. Theo looked at the boy suffering, sadness radiating off of him. They arrived at the McCall household; Theo helped Liam out remembering he was exhausted from today. The beta struggled to stand on his own; Theo supported his weight while grabbing their stuff. It was pretty late into the night; Melissa knew the boys hadn't eaten anything for a long time. She thought Liam hadn't looked like he ate anything for a couple of days now; she swore he lost some weight but didn't want to put any more pressure on the boy right now.

"I am going to reheat some soup for you guys if you want; I know Scott and Malia will want some when they arrive," she told the boys.

"Thanks, Ms. McCall," Theo replied.

"Theo, you know this call me Melissa for now." Theo smiled at the woman.

She took the boys up to their room, "You don't mind sharing do you?" Both boys shook their heads, knowing they would end up with each other anyway.

Liam threw himself on the bed. Theo looked at him, "do you want anything to eat?" knowing the answer was going to be no anyways.

"No, Theo can you just leave me alone for a little bit?" Liam asked ashamed, but he wanted to cry to himself and feel the pain of his claws; he deserved it.

"Yes, I am starving, so I am going to get some food; I'll be back up in a little bit. Howl if you need me, Little Wolf," Theo nodded reluctantly, but he respected Liam to give him some space.

Theo headed down the stairs to Melissa and Argent sitting at the table. She poured Theo some soup and sat back down with the boy.

"So, has Liam been okay lately?" she questioned him.

Not knowing if he should sell out his best friend or not, he decided that Melissa had a right to know. "No, not really he has been really hard on himself lately," Theo told her.

"I figured, the poor kid, I do not know what to do with him. I can't say I've ever felt what it's like to be in his situations. Hopefully, Scott can talk to him, since they have such a great connection."

Theo nodded thinking back to the years of the trauma he faced alone, knowing he didn't want Liam to feel the same way. When he was with the Dread Doctors, sometimes it felt like too much, and he thought about how easy it would be just to slit his own throat or just swallow some concoction of things the Doctors had lying around.

"I'm going to try to find them for him," Argent said with sincere force.

Suddenly, they heard Roscoe pull up, and Scott and Malia jump out. They swung open the door.

Malia stared at Theo, "You took that in too?"

Scott glared at his girlfriend, knowing this was not the time for bickering. Malia glanced away, looking slightly ashamed. Theo had to quietly chuckle at the encounter.

"So, where is he?" Scott asked panicking.

"He's up in the guest bedroom. He probably would want to see you, but he's shaken up right now so be careful," Theo told the alpha. Malia stayed at the table with them, eating two bowls of soup, figuring she's not the most comforting type.

Theo glanced at his phone for the first time in hours; he had a slew of texts from Mason, Corey, Alec, and Nolan all wondering about Liam and himself actually. Theo told them, he was fine, obviously upset he respected them as actual parents to him, but Liam was not okay; he needed every one of them right now. He told them they should come later tomorrow, even if Liam claims he doesn't want them.

Scott slowly opened the door to see his beta curled up on his bed. He saw tears on Liam's face and blood on his hands.

"Oh Liam," he thought. He could tell the boy had lost some weight as his face was a little sunken in, and his clothes were hanging loose on him. "Hey Liam, I'm sorry I am going to do everything I can to make this better."

"You can't make this better Scott; they are dead and it's my fault," Liam snapped back.

Scott was taken aback by this statement but knew the boy had always put blame on himself. 

"Liam it was not your fault, look at me," Scott looked at him with gentle eyes. "You do everything you can do all the time, sometimes things just happen, but I need you to not put this on yourself."

Liam nodded but did not believe a word that came out of his alpha's mouth. Scott wrapped Liam in his embrace and drug him to the bathroom to clean the blood off of him. Despite Liam's protest, Scott easily could grab the beta and clear his wounds.

"Thanks, Scott," the boy whispered.

"You're welcome, now how about you go to bed; I'll send Theo up."

Scott headed back down the stairs and sent Theo up to the guest bedroom. Scott ate some soup, talked to Melissa, and Argent about the next steps.

"I think you need to just take care of Liam until after the funeral; then, we will worry about the hunters. You are still in school you know," Argent instructed him.

"I agree; the boy really needs you right now," Melissa echoed.

"So, how bad is it?" Malia asked.

"I am not sure," Scott said thinking about Liam's broken body he just encountered.

Theo opened the door to Liam wide awake on the bed; he got ready for bed threw off his clothes and slid on sweatpants and crawled into the second bed Melissa made on the floor for him.

"Theo," Liam whispered.

"What Little Wolf?"

"Will you come to sleep in the bed with me, I know I can't fall asleep?"

Theo smiled, "Of course as long as you don't snore." Theo jumped into the bed and wrapped his arms around the smaller boy.