Chapter thirty two

America's POV

I wake up in the middle of the night to the twins crying. Maxon and I decided to make the nursery in the queens suite attached to his since we only ever use the King's suite. And this way we could have them closer to us.

Almost always the king and queen just have the nursery somewhere on the fourth floor with all the royal bedrooms, but not attached to their own. Usually there's hands on maids so if they cry in the night the King and queen aren't bothered.

We decided to switch it up a little. We wanted to be more involved in their lives. Maxon was already a worried mess about being a father, since he didn't grow up with the best one. So, having them as close as possible seemed like the best idea. Now waking up every night is giving me second thoughts....

No, no, they are cute, tiny.....extremely whiney....no no I love them.

They are six months old now, and as loud as ever.

"It's my turn," Maxon mumbles groggily, before rolling out of bed. I've lost track of who's turn it is, but if he says it's his I'm definitely not arguing.

He comes back in the room, and I don't hear anymore crying. Rolls back into bed and kisses me on the forehead before we both fall back asleep.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

We've decided to move forward with the plans to finally stop New Asia. We've had non-stop meetings all week, planning every move.

I'm walking out of my third meeting of the day and I can't wait to see the twins. As I'm making my way to their room.I see Lucy in the hall. She looks really upset.

I walk over to her, "Hey, you okay?"

She seems a little startled then she looks up at me and shrugs her shoulders.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"It's just....." she seems hesitant. She sighs, "Aspen and I have been trying for a while now...and we've had no luck...and when we finally did...I had a miscarriage.."

Oh no. That breaks my heart. Sure, Aspen and I weren't always on good terms, hell we still fight sometimes, but I've known him forever and I love Lucy and I want them to be happy.

"Lucy, I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault," she says with a smile. "I just wish it would work out you know? I just..." she sighs, "I feel like it's all my fault. And if I can't have children....it's just Aspen is really excited about being parents.."

"You know he will love you no matter what. Have you visited the doctor? Maybe it's just a simple problem that can be worked out ," I suggest.

"I went when I became pregnant and they told me it might be a risky preganancy, but we still were so excited. I just don't understand why nothing is working."

"Hmm, how about I give you the number of my personal doctor? She's was with me the whole time with the twins, and they wouldn't have let her come anywhere near if she wasn't the best of the best," I suggest.

"I couldn't ask that of you," she says.

"Lucy, of course, I would do anything to help you. You were there for me throughout the whole selection process. I don't know what I would have done without you three girls."

"I was just a maid," she says.

"You were much more than that. You and the girls were my whole support system. And Aspen is a friend, if I can do something to help you two, I want to."

She gives me a hug, "America, you have no idea—"

The alarms start blaring.

"Lucy, follow a guard to a safe room!" I say before running off.

The twins. Maxon.

I take a deep breath. Everything seems like it's going in slow motion. I just need to find them and it'll all be okay. I run as fast as I can to the nursery. My arm is grabbed by a soldier.

"I need to get the prince and princess!" I shout. "Let me go!"

"Your majesty, I have to bring you to a safe room, someone has probably already taken them to safety." He says.

"Probably is not good enough for me! Let me go now!"

"Your majesty King Maxon would have my head if I let you go and something happened to you!"

"What do you think he'd do if something happened to the children? Huh? You think he'd be fine with that?" I shout.

"You're wasting time, I'm really sorry." He pulls me to the nearest hidden safe room. He finds the hidden pad and puts in the code. He pushes me into the room and slams the door.

I swear when I get out of here—

My brain starts flooding with worry of Maxon and the babies. I almost lost him once and that was enough to completely destroy me. If I actually lost him I don't even know what life would be like. Bland. Lonely. Not worth living honestly.

Please let the twins be alright. I don't even think I could take it if something happened to them. My heart might just stop then and there.

I close my eyes and just sit in the silence. For all the chaos going on outside this room it is terrifyingly quiet in here.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Comments?
Xoxo