Chapter 31

America's POV

"Marley, I don't know how much longer I can do this for," I say with a sigh.

"America, you are due any day now. What did the doctor say the last time he visited?" She asks

"Nothing special. He said everything was going perfectly as planned, and I should expect the twins any day now."

"I don't know how you do it," she chuckles.

"Do what?"

"Run a kingdom, be pregnant, keep a stable marriage, all while being the most stubborn person alive," she jokes.

I laugh, "I'll take that as a compliment."

"You should it really is insane how you manage it all," she says.

"I mean you had a child, so how hard can it be?" I joke.

She shoves my arm jokingly.
I feel something strange in my belly.

"Ow," I mumble.

"I didn't even shove you that hard, drama queen," she jokes. She sees my hand on my stomache, "America, are you okay?"

"Marley...I think my water just broke,"

She's quiet for a moment.

"Marley..."

"Oh my- ok right now? You're sure?" She runs up to the nearest maid, "Go get the doctor right now!"

"And Maxon!" I shout before she's too far away.

"Okay, we need to get you to the left wing to the hospital now," she says.

She wraps my arm around her shoulder and leads the way to the hospital wing.

We get to the royal hospital suite. The room is already set up for me, just as it's been for months. She leads me to the bed and I lay down.

"This isn't even bad, I don't feel anything. Is that bad?" I ask.

"America, you're haven't started having contractions yet, silly," she says with a knowing look on her face.

I hear the door practically fly open and Maxon flies into the room.

"What happened? Did I miss it? Are the babies coming? America?" He rants frantically.

I giggle at his excitement, "Haven't even had a contraction yet."

"Oh...well you're doing great my dear. Where's Doctor Debro?"

"On her way." Marley responds.

"Maxon, can you call my mother?" I ask.

"Of course my dear, I'll be right back." He steps out to go call my mother.

Doctor Debro arrives, "Hello, your Magesty. Any contractions yet?" She asks.