Chapter twelve

America's point of view

I can't believe Marlee is pregnant and asked us to be her child's Godparents.

This night is going wonderfully.

"I am so happy for you," I say.

Then there is a loud bang. I turn my head and see men with guns. It's a lot of men.

Maxon grabs my arm and I grab Marlee's and we run.

Carter is a guard so he has to stay. I can't let him. Marlee is pregnant. She needs him.

"Carter! Come with us!" I say as we run.

"But-"

"No buts that's an order," I say.

Soon guards are surrounding us to take us to a safe room.

Gunshots and screams fill the room.
It's so hard not to turn around and help people.

Maxon is still holding my hand and knowing him, he isn't going to let go until I am safe.

The men are right behind us. We are running as fast as we can. Our guards are shooting at them and they are shooting at us.

We make it to a safe room just in time. I hear the guards lock the door.

I sigh and lean against a wall.

"Are you okay?" Maxon asks.

I nod "I'm fine, are you?"

He nods. I look over at Marlee.

"Marlee, are you feeling okay?" I ask. I am glad we got into a safe room.

Even though you can't tell she's pregnant it still probably isn't comfortable or safe to be running for your life.

She nods. I sigh. My people are okay. I can relax now.

I sit on the floor and rest my back on the wall. There are chairs and benches in here but I'm just too tired.

Maxon sits next to me. He puts his head in his hands. I can tell he is upset. I am too. It's hard not feeling safe in your own home.

I put my hand on his shoulder. He moves his head from his hands and looks at me. I can tell he is a little more relaxed now.

"We need to talk later," he says.

Then he just stands up and walks over to a bench.

What does that mean? Did I do something? Is he mad at me? What could he be mad at?

I sigh and lean my head back against the wall. I doze off.

I wake up to Marlee shaking me saying we can leave.

Maxon is still sitting on the bench. He is clearly thinking abut something. This is going to be fun...

I stand up. Maxon walks up to me and holds out his arm so we can walk together. Even though he seems mad about something he is a gentlemen.

I smile and wrap our arms together. We walk to our room. It doesn't look like there is much damage. The ballroom is probably another story though.

We make it to our room. All I want to do is flop on the bed and sleep, but Maxon said we needed to talk.

"What is it you wanted to talk about?" I ask once he shuts the door.

He sighs. He's definitely upset.

Comments?

Thanks for reading
Xoxo