Chapter 53: A special birthday

26,117 words
Five years later..
Jacob's POV

"Daddy?"

I spaced out, thinking about my past.

"Daddy?"

KJ says, tapping my arm, I snapped out of it and looked at him.

"Y-Yeah?"

I say, KJ smiled, he just turned five years old today and he was really smart. He had the most beautiful blue and green eyes, a perfect mix between mine and Trin's eyes. He stood about 3"4.

"Where's mommy?"

He asked.

"Outside in the hot tub."

I say, KJ smiled happily.

"Let's go join her in there!"

He says giggling, I chuckle and pick him up, we walked to the bedroom and out our swimsuits on. KJ ran outside and jumped in the hot water, surprising Trin, who jumped up.

I laughed as I opened the glass door and walked into the hot tub. Trin had her hair up in a cute bun with a black laced swimsuit.

"I can't believe he's five already."

Trin says as KJ crawled onto her back.

"Where's Mrs. Bella?"

KJ asked, he called Mrs. Kahnwald by her first name, Trin smiled.

"She's making a cake for your birthday!"

Trin says, KJ smiled and sat on the chair in the hot tub.

"I can't believe you're five now."

I say, chuckling at KJ who was making funny faces, making me and Trin laugh.

"I remember, last week at school, a girl walked up to me and asked me if I had a grandpa and a grandma, I said I didn't know."

KJ says, shrugging.

"Um, about that, my mom and dad aren't here, they're gone, as in gone gone. We both do have our grandparents still here."

I say, picking up KJ, he looked up at me with his blue-green eyes.

"When can I see them?"

He asks, I smiled.

"Well, why not invite them for your birthday?"

Trin says, I nodded and the three of us smiled.

"I'm gonna go see Mrs. Bella and the cake!"

He says happily, I nodded as he walked inside.

"He's such a cute little guy."

I say, Trin crawled into my lap and smiled, pressing her forehead against mine.

"He's perfect, and..there's also a surprise I'm gonna tell you after KJ eats his cake and opens his presents."

Trin says, winking, which made me curious. I peck her on the lips, she giggled softly.

"Well, lets go in and eat some cake! And there are presents!"

Trin says as we stood up and walked into the house, I smiled as I opened the door.

"Oi KJ! I have a present for you!"

I say, KJ ran into the living room from the kitchen and bounced around excitedly, I chuckle.

"Here, but don't open it until after you've had some cake!"

I say, giving him a wrapped present, which he didn't know, had a phone inside. Trin smiled and giggled.