08. Sympathy

CHAPTER EIGHTSYMPATHY

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

CHAPTER EIGHT
SYMPATHY

◥✤◤

     School was always hell but since the case of Jason Blossom became a murder investigation, things got even worse. It was all over the news and in the papers and it was all Luna had been hearing about for days. Even when she was trying to play her guitar to take her mind off it, somehow it was still all she could think about. Luna groaned as she leaned against her head and stretched out her legs on the floor.

     "I officially give up," she mumbled as she stared at the ceiling.

     How was she supposed to take her mind off of the current situation with her guitar when she was still thinking about it? She sat up when she heard the door open and her mother stood there. She always walked in without knocking and it always annoyed her but she never said anything about it.

     "You've been strumming that old thing all day. What's on your mind?" Julia asked.

     "Everything," Luna said.

     "I'm sure you'll be fine," her mother said and left the room.

     Luna groaned as she threw her head back and adjusted the guitar in her lap. She put her headphones on and tried to relax as she started strumming the strings again. She lost track of how long she had been playing until she noticed how dark it was getting outside. She decided to put her guitar away and took her headphones off. She turned on the light so her room didn't look so dark and depressing and picked out a plain tee shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants to change into. Once she was dressed, she put her other clothes in the laundry basket and crashed on the mattress. She wasn't thinking about anything anymore but now she was bored. She left her room to go downstairs into the kitchen and find something to eat.

     Rosalie was already in the kitchen when Luna got there but she was texting while waiting for something to heat up in the microwave. Luna ignored her as she opened the fridge and took out some cheese and leftover chicken from dinner the night before. She grabbed the jar of mayonnaise and put everything on the counter. While she was making her sandwich, she heard her sister curse under her breath.

     "What got under your skin?" she asked as she cut her sandwich in half.

     "None of your business," Rosalie said as she left the kitchen.

     "Fine," Luna mumbled as she shrugged her shoulders.

     She rolled her eyes as she ate her sandwich and cleaned the plate once she was done. She went back upstairs and she stopped by Rosalie's room since the door was open and she could see inside clearly. Her sister looked up from her phone and glared as she stood up and closed the door in her face. Luna scoffed as she went to her room and sat on top of the blanket. Why was it that every time she tried to listen, she was pushed away but whenever she didn't listen she was scolded? Was that a normal thing between siblings? At this point, Luna just assumed it was.