05. A New Song

CHAPTER FIVEA NEW SONG

CHAPTER FIVE
A NEW SONG

◥✤◤

     "I have a new song," Luna said bluntly as she sat down with her friends in Pop Tate's diner.

     "Are you serious? There's no way we're going to be able to learn a new song in three days," Peyton said and Kai cleared his throat.

     "You guys learned Alchemy in two," he said and Peyton sighed.

     "To be fair, we didn't have four other songs to rehearse," Naomi pointed out.

     "Exactly!" Peyton said.

     "We won't be recording it until after the show. If we spend more time practicing the chords we might be able to nail it by Friday," Luna explained.

     "And if we don't?" Maya questioned with her eyebrows raised.

     "We simply do one of our other songs," Lune said while shrugging her shoulders.

     "Speaking of which, I posted the update last night and we already have a lot of people commenting which song they want to hear," Kai said.

     "Let's hear it," Naomi said and Kai looked at his phone screen.

     "Most of them want to hear Shine Days and Morning Dreamer," he said and Luna nodded. "So, add them to the setlist?"

     "Add them to the setlist," she confirmed.

     Kai typed something on his phone while Luna took out her notebook. She had copies of the lyrics and sheet music for the new song and handed them to the others. She knew it was a risk to try and learn a new song for an upcoming show in three days but there was no reason they couldn't at least try.

     "Do you really think we could learn this in time for Friday?" Peyton questioned with her eyebrows raised.

     "I think it's worth a shot," Naomi replied with a shrug.

     One of the waiters arrived with a tray with the milkshakes they ordered and he placed them down in front of the five kids before walking away. Luna took a sip of her mango milkshake and looked at her friends.

     "After our milkshakes, we go to my garage to practice," she said and the others nodded. "We are going to shake this town to the ground."

     Luna smiled as she took another sip of her milkshake and the others smiled as well. They were about to take a risk but it was a new year where they could try new things. She could tell Peyton was still a little hesitant about it but she also knew that she could learn the new song quick enough if she focussed and let go of that hesitation. While they were drinking their milkshakes, they all looked over the lyrics and sheet music, except for Kai since he wasn't going to be the one performing on Friday. Once they were done with their milkshakes, they left the money for Pop Tate and left the diner with the copies of the song and sheet music in their hands.