04. Business Transaction

CHAPTER FOURBUSINESS TRANSACTION

CHAPTER FOUR
BUSINESS TRANSACTION

◥✤◤

     When Luna walked in, Julia ─ her mother ─ was already sitting at the table and at that moment, Luna knew it was going to be another lecture.

     "Do you want to explain to me why your principal called me and told me that you had already gotten detention today?" her mother asked and Luna could tell that it was going to be a long night.

     "Not really," she said as she locked the door.

     "He said your math teacher had a complaint about you talking back in her class," her mother said and Luna sighed.

     "She asked me to solve a problem on the board and I did and then she told me it was wrong even though it was the same thing we did last year. So, I told her to check the answer sheet but she said it wasn't always correct so I told her to solve it herself to prove me wrong," Luna explained.

     "Did she prove you wrong?" her mother questioned.

     "No, she only ended up proving herself wrong because she followed the same steps I did and got the exact same answer I did," Luna said. "She thinks that because she's the teacher, she's always right."

     "Luna, listen to me. This is the Southside so you have to be careful with who you cross. You're lucky all Mrs. Willard did was give you a two hour detention for 'talking back' when she could've given you worse," her mother said as she stood up and grabbed a water bottle.

     "Seriously, Mom? The worst thing she ever did was scratch her nails on the blackboard and she still does it! I'm surprised my eardrums didn't burst yet," Luna said as she headed towards the stairs.

     "Well, just so you know, we're having takeout tonight and I need you and Rosalie to go out and get it when it's time so don't get any ideas about taking a nap."

     "Sure, Mom."

     She went up the stairs and saw her sister's door open and she could see Rosalie sitting on her bed while looking at her phone, most likely texting Sweet Pea. She opened the door that led to the attic and headed up the narrow stairs and turned on the light. She placed her bag on the floor next to the nightstand and checked the time on her phone. She had a few hours to get her homework done before she had to go get the food. Maybe if she finished early, she could get back to working on her new song. The work wasn't so difficult at this point so she could get it all done with no problem and still have time to spare for herself. Once she was finished, she put everything back in her bag and took out her notebook and pen. As she was writing, she heard a knock and she saw her sister standing right by the light switch.