01. Let's Do It

CHAPTER ONELET'S DO IT

CHAPTER ONE
LET'S DO IT

◥✤◤

     She didn't know what to do with herself after all these years. She didn't have any way to release the tons of emotions swirling around inside her mind until she was nauseas. While her mother put her energy towards working and keeping the house in order and her sister had a boyfriend to lean on for support, Luna was practically a ticking time bomb. That was until she grabbed a pen and notepad to write down every word she could think of to describe what was going on in her head. Once she found a rhythm, it all started to fall into place. The little poems she jotted down to release her thoughts became songs that would release her emotions once she would sing them out loud along with the melody of her guitar. But of course, nobody ever heard her songs. That was until a girl with pink hair at Southside High walked in on her playing her guitar in a room she didn't think anybody would go.

     Luna's hands started to sweat from the anxiety and she could feel her skin boil from the embarrassment. She quickly closed her notebook and packed her guitar while mumbling all different kinds of apologies.

     "I didn't think anyone would hear me," she said as she quickly walked toward the door of the classroom without looking at the girl who walked in on something very personal.

     "Wait! I just wanted to say that I really liked your song and I thought the lyrics were very deep," the girl said and Luna turned around to look at her.

     "You understood my lyrics?" she asked.

     "You're Japanese right?" the girl asked and Luna nodded. "Me too."

     "Good to know you liked the song but nobody was supposed to hear that," Luna said with a sheepish smile. "It's personal."

     "Music hasn't been personal lately so I think personal is what makes it worth listening to."

     "Do you see the student population at this school? About eighty percent of the kids here are either in or affiliated with a gang and the last twenty percent are just Southside students trying to get through the day."

     "Your point?"

     "My point is that nobody is going to care about a song written in a language that not even five percent of them will understand. Most of them won't even recognize it's Japanese and will most likely mistake it for another Asian language."

     Luna sighed while the pink haired girl looked at the floor.

     "I just thought it would be cool if you were to play your song for everyone to hear. The Southside could use a little depth right now," she said and Luna briefly looked at her notebook which contained all the songs she had written since she found music as her outlet.