07. Luna's Attitude

CHAPTER SEVENLUNA'S ATTITUDE

CHAPTER SEVEN
LUNA'S ATTITUDE

◥✤◤

     Luna met her friends in the cafeteria and they all sat down. It seemed like the tension had died down upon realizing that there was nothing to worry about regarding Jason Blossom. Nobody was associated with him or anyone who knew him so they had no reason to panic. Even Rosalie who was dating a Serpent, she didn't have anything to worry about.

     "Is it me or does it just feel like a normal day?" Kai questioned.

     "It feels like a normal day," Peyton agreed with him. "Despite a dead kid, it feels like a normal day."

     "To be fair, we didn't know him," Luna said as she rested her chin on the heel of her palm.

     "It still feels like we should be feeling some sort of way about it," Maya debated while shrugging her shoulders.

     "Cautious? Maybe. Sad? Not really," Naomi said.

     The five of them sat across from each other as they just carried on eating the food they brought from home as if it was any other day. Usually, they would be talking about their last performance and start planning another one. Hell, they would even start discussing their next band practice with no public performance planned simply because they just loved to play music.

     "Any inspiration for some new songs since you're always working on something?" Kai asked while leaning forward and Luna's lips tightened into a thin line.

     "Actually, Day Game was the last song I wrote lately. It took me a while to write it and find the right words, then it took me more time to find the rhythm and write the sheet music," Luna said before popping a green grape into her mouth and chewing on it until it was nothing but juice.

     "Honestly, I really liked performing that song at the Wyrm on Friday night," Peyton said and the others nodded.

     "I didn't go belly up and screw up the opening," Naomi laughed and Luna smiled.

     "We really are fast learners," Maya said and everyone agreed.

     "But don't dump a new song on us three days before a public performance next time," Peyton said menacingly while pointing at Luna who only laughed.

     "Fine, I won't," she complied while raising her hands.

     "I did like how there was a baseball analogy tied in with letting someone know you love them," Kai said. "Also, we should post the English lyrics and the video soon, preferably after this whole thing blows over so people don't think we're apathetic assholes."