16. A Pretty Chill Dude

CHAPTER SIXTEENA PRETTY CHILL DUDE

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
A PRETTY CHILL DUDE

◥✤◤

     Thanks to her mother's new rule, early morning practices before school was no longer an option. As soon as she saw her friends, she explained to them what happened and the next day, it was still the topic of conversation when they decided to use the first half of lunch to practice a song.

     "I still can't believe this," Naomi said.

     "I can," Peyton replied as she tuned her guitar. "To be fair, my dad wants to drop me off and pick me up from school every day until they catch this guy."

     "Basically, all our parents want us to travel in groups until they catch him," Kai said.

     "And so our practices have been cut shorter than before. The only time we can practice without our parents breathing down our necks is here in the music room at lunch," Luna sighed as she ran her fingers through her black hair.

     "I don't know about you guys, but even one run through can make a difference," Maya said while shrugging her shoulders.

     "There's no lie there. You guys get better every time even if you only get five minutes to practice," Kai replied.

     "Well if we wanna get two minutes in, we better start now," Naomi said but Peyton shook her head as she looked at her phone.

     "You guys might wanna take a look at this," she said and the rest of the girls put their instruments down.

     All of them gathered around Peyton as she turned up the volume on her phone and held it landscape so they could see the full screen. In the video, there was a ginger haired boy and many other boys who were shirtless and wearing red masks. "I've seen that boy before," Luna said while pointing at the ginger boy up front.

     "Where?" Kai asked.

     "Remember the very first time we saw Jughead here and he was surrounded by a bunch of Southside kids? Three Northsiders came here and Ginger here was one of them and there was also Blondie from Pop's and Raven from the drive-in," Luna said as she crossed her arms.

     "I don't know about you guys, but this video is clearly him and the Northside taking a jab at the Southside as if we had anything to do with what happened," Naomi said with her hands on her hips.

     "I hate to say this, but I agree. There is no evidence to show that anyone from the Southside is the Black Hood yet here they are accusing us," Maya replied.

     "Typical Northsiders. Something goes wrong in this town and they automatically assume anyone over here did it," Peyton said as the video stopped playing and she put her phone in her pocket. "To be honest, if a Southsider did hold a grudge against the Northside and decided to give them hell, I can't say I blame them."