Chapter forty eight

Evan scoffed. "Come on, Maria, I know it's a girl. The baby is a girl."

I rolled my eyes. "Really? Well too bad for you, it's a boy."

"Whatever." He mumbled and looked at the rat eating rice grain.

Here's the thing. We had our scan two weeks ago where we were supposed to find out the gender of the baby. Eventually, Evan agreed about not knowing the gender because he claims that he already knows it so he found it useless for the doctor to say the same thing. Since then he always teases me about the baby being a girl and how sure he is of himself. When I asked him how he knew this, he said it's a 'Dada instinct'.

But that's where he is wrong. My 'Mama instinct' says that it's a boy and one should never question my 'Mama instinct'.

At first, I wanted a girl just like I did years ago, but then something deep inside keeps nagging me that it's going to be a boy who will look like Evan and hopefully with my nature. I am already having a hard time keeping myself sane with him, I don't want another person who will team up with him and drive me insane.

Or else I have to be a strict mommy.

I don't want to be a strict mommy.

I scoffed. "Fine. Don't start throwing tantrums when you hold a boy in your arms."

He smirked. "Oh really? Fine. Let's make a deal. If the baby is a girl, I get to name her."

"NO!" I gasped and pointed an accusing finger at him. "You'll name the child Mademoiselle Philip."

"Dammit!" He cursed under his breath. "I have to think of a new name now."

I simply shook my head in disbelief and continued reading my book. Evan gets up from the couch and picks up the rat cage. The poor rat keeps stumbling till he is resting on the table in front of me and Evan opens the cage.

My eyes widened in shock and I scooted over. "What the hell are you doing, Williams?!"

He picks up the rat on his palm and tickles behind the rat's ear. "Don't you want a female companion, Monsieur Philip? Don't you want someone to carry on with your legacy? Yes, you do. Yes, you do." He cooed.

I kept staring at the duo in disgust. There are many things which Evan does all the time and most of them annoy me but this one, it disgusts me. First was Fiona with her crazy love for dogs and now it's Evan with his rat.

He makes a kissy face and keeps tickling the rat. "Why don't you tell your Mama that you want a girl? I know you want to. Yes, you want to."

Then out of nowhere he places the rat on my stomach.

I emitted a blood curdling scream. Evan started laughing.

"WILLIAMS! GET THAT RAT OFF ME!"

"No." He laughed.

"Evan!" I cried and tried to move my stomach so that the rat could fall on the floor, but it stayed right there.

He snickered. "This is so fun. I didn't know that you are actually scared of Monsieur Philip."

"I'm not scared of the rat!" I snapped. "I'm terrified!"

His lips turned into an evil smile. "Let's have a deal. I will put the guinea pig back to it's cage if you say that Monsieur Philip is a guinea pig."

I shot him a deadly glare. "Why are you doing this?" I hissed.

He smirked. "Cause it's fun. Just fun."

The rat moved on my stomach and I shrieked. "Evan! Stop this nuisance right now."

"I am not doing anything." He said casually. "Monsieur Philip is just showing you his love and adoration for you. Pat his head."