𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟹𝟾|𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎

Start from the beginning

"His eyes are different when he is Frank. He must be wearing some contact lens to hide his green eyes," I answered, and Earn looked at me.

"He masked his scent with something else, that's why you weren't able to sniff his werewolf smell," she said and everyone agreed.

"How are we not able to recognize him even if we are not from the same pack?" Pear then piqued our own curiosity about it.

"Because you were here when that happened and saw everything with your own two eyes. Your Father didn't take lightly what he has done to the pack and asked the Moon Goddess to have your memories of him be washed away," it was Aegon this time and we all looked at him with much more confusion.

"It doesn't matter how I forgot him but Bright, let's not waste more time. If Frank is the leader of the rogues, then we should better get moving now and locate their hideouts," Drake said while he squeezed my shoulder.

"Right. Man and Boss, you can now take two of the fastest and strongest warriors that you have. Drake will take over the opposite side of your location," they nodded. "Thank you."

The three of them quickly left the room and proceeded with the plan. I felt so useless right now just being here in the four corners of the room. I should be the one out there looking for the rogues and not just them.

"I'm going with them," I announced and Aegon blocked me.

"You're staying here, Bright. You cannot control your anger, and being out there may ruin everything. Stick to the plan, Bright. Once they come back after surveying the land, then we will move," he said and I shut my eyes in frustration. "Listen to me for now."

But Aegon was always right, I might just run into the packhouse and kill everyone or kill myself in the process. I sat back down and the girls looked at me with worried expressions. Chase and Fenris moved closer to me and gave me a tap on my back.

My parents and both of my Uncles went downstairs to give the pack members some heads up about what was happening. Leaving the six of us in the meeting room.

"Did you try to mind-link with Win?" Chase asked.

"I almost forgot about that, I will try."

My mind focused solely on Win, and I tried to mind-link with him. But it won't go through like there is some kind of interruption. I can only hear static and some distorted voices but I can't connect with him. I opened my eyes and I shook my head. Shit, he was even able to block the only connection that I have with Win.

"I can't, there's some sort of interruption around him," I said in frustration.

"Interruption? What kind of interruption?" Pear asked.

"I can only hear static and distorted voices. There was a little bit of screaming, but I don't know if it was from Win," I said defeatedly as I sighed.

Earn stood up from her seat and went to the bookshelf trying to find something. Sky was silent and I can smell her anger and worry at the same time. I reached out for her hand and she gazed her lovely eyes at me.

"Sky, just relax. We'll find him. Okay?" Sky looked at me and she nodded. Even if I am enraged right now, I can't let Sky worry for me.

"Here," Earn placed a book in front of me and we all gathered around.

"In the 16th century, there were numerous reports of werewolf attacks – and consequent court trials causing widespread fear. Around 1650, the number of werewolves seemed to have disappeared and it was the same time that the government introduced a torturing device. This was the collar that the humans used to send shocks all over a werewolf's body until he/she cannot shift anymore. This can also block any mind-link between pack members. And even if it doesn't, there was no way we'd be able to mind-link with Win for he might be far away from us, and our mind-link only works when we're near each other or when we're in the packhouse," Earn explained to us and I looked at the image on the book once more.