Out of nowhere, my phone rang and Elijah's name flickered across the screen brilliantly. I resisted the urge to not answer, but quickly gave in as i realized it could end up being important. He only ever called me when i had shit to do. 

"Yes?" I asked, trying to cloak my irritation.

"There's been a change in plans. Tonight is the grand ball, instead of being at his strip club Viktor was sent to attend it on the behalf of Vitaly." Elijah sounded more irritated than I "Meet me at 1368 ********* in an hour. This year's theme is masquerade. Do not be fucking late Bonnie!." With that, he fucking hung up.

I tightly clutched the steering wheel, quickly forcing on a u-turn in the middle of the street. The impact had my wheels shrieking so, I'm positive i might have left a black trace.

What an incongruous piece of shit, Just for that, I'm showing up thirty minutes late!

You've got no idea who you're trying to screw with Elijah.

I changed course to an apartment i owned not too far from my location. Before you say anything, When i got Evangelina, I had to baby proof nearly everything in my house because even my lipsticks weren't reliable.

So i had the most explosive things I owned transferred elsewhere, along with a backup stem of dresses, makeup, and such. You can never be too prepared.

I got here twenty minutes ago, my makeup had previously been applied so all i had to do was change and gear up.

It took me twenty minutes to decide on what dress would effortlessly conceal my gun from its position, and another ten to find the right set of heels.

After what seemed like forever, i came to choose a chiefly white tube dress with a sumptuous printed black line streaming down either sides of my body.

Its rather high leg slit exposing my lean legs. I slipped the pink Glock against my thigh, adjusting it in place.  You wouldn't expect it to look as subtle as it did but it did, hiding perfectly from all but me to see and feel.

I'm not doing too much...I'm doing just enough.

This ball's guest lineup consisted of numerous mobs, and i can guarantee you that none of them would risk attending such an event without a loaded gun, and neither would i.

Tomorrow isn't promised to anyone.

I still had a good ten minutes left so, i decided to curl my hair, and that took up a glorious thirty minutes. Being roughly twenty minutes late would have to suffice...for now.

I took my time slipping on my heels, laughing internally at my childlessness.

'I should get the fuck out of here', i thought grinning. I picked up a beautifully detailed black mask, believe it or not, i just had that lying around from prior missions.

I hastily hurried out of the apartment building and drew out my phone as i stepped inside my car, setting a GPS for the address that Elijah had given me. The second directions were given i ignited the car and drove off.

I decided to call Dahlia just to check in. It buzzed and buzzed and buzzed and ultimately went to voicemail. I bet she's ignoring my call on purpose. I'll text her petty ass later.

The instant i set my phone down it started ringing, i was expecting it to be Dahlia but, instead, Elijah's name flashed across the screen. I can actually sense his anger radiating off my phone, signing out deeply i answered his call.

"Yess?"

"Where the hell are you Genevieve?! Viktor is visibly getting bored, YOU'D better get here before he leaves!"

"I-" I was about to answer when he again hung up. This immature little inclination of his has to fucking stop, but then again what the hell was i even going to say to him?

I scowled to myself and picked up the pace...I don't regret shit. Hell, this just made me want to stall much longer.

This year's location was in a grand mansion, quite isolated from the rest of the world. It gave off weird eerie vibes.

I pulled into the entrance and promptly climbed out of the car, handing my keys to the fellow marching towards me.

Behind him was a tall brawny chap who I'm suspecting was the new bodyguard. He was clutching a list, inspecting me ever so cautiously. I glared daggers at his face forcing myself to not make a scene.

"Name?" The man asked- what in the actual fuck?

"Genevieve Carmichael," I replied annoyed, he looked to be debating on whether to let me in or not. Why isn't he checking that damn list?

My short temper hung by a thread as i fought the urge to just shoot him dead. Most bodygaurds didn't even last until the party ended.

"You were given that damn list for a reason, so i suggest you stop wasting my time and check it-," My anger peeled of through every word "-or things could get ugly real quick." I warned, looking him hard in the eye as I revealed the gun secured to my left thigh.

Fear spent no time hustling through his features as he quickly stepped aside. 

Talking a big game without having the spine to back it up is going to get this mother fucker killed quicker than any of the previous guards.

Last year, Dahlia shot a guard dead because he looked at her funny. I swear if she were here he'd have been dead the moment he hesitated. 

There was a set of indicators pointing out the way. I followed them until i was met face to face with a pair of doors more vast and higher than anything I'd ever seen before. I clung tightly to my purse and thrust the doors ajar.

I took a moment staring out into the massive space before me. The women were dressed in the most exquisite of dresses looking like something of a fairy-tale, blending in perfectly with the classy setting. I sensed the all to familiar feel of insecurity ripple through my body, bringing forth goosebumps i didn't have before.

I diverted my attention to something else, like how eerie silent the room suddenly grew without warning, blaming it on caution as for all they know, i could be a threat-right?

Disregarding the daunting eyes of the crowd, i scanned around again, this time for Viktor. He was after all the only reason i came to leave my house tonight. Instead of finding him, however, i spotted someone i yearned to never see again. I tried to dismiss his unsettling gaze as i reached the bottom of the stairs but, i couldn't.

I looked around again for Elijah but, he was no where to be found as i roamed though the sea of bodies. 

I stopped to catch my breath, yearning to ignore the fact that i had seen dimitri at all tonight but, that's easier being said than done. Elijah was nowhere in sight and many of the women glared me down like i didn't belong. What a bunch of trophy wives. I don't even know why i bother to show up to these things. 

Clearing my mind, i skimmed about for Viktor whom i really hoped hadn't left because i know that if he did Elijah would undoubtedly slit my wrists.

I wonder who Dimitri-

No Genevieve focus! Fuck, why the hell is he here, and why do i fucking care?

After what felt like the longest time, i ultimately found Viktor, chatting it up with a group of very lascivious women practically humping him. He didn't look as bored as Elijah claimed he was in fact, he looked quite excited! 

You wouldn't need to be a genius to see that 'those women' did not belong at such a classy sensual event, but what would a party be without a couple groupies. Right?

Okay, time to suck it up bitch! I need to figure out how I'm going to shift attention onto me and  away from those girls. I was about to walk over there when i abruptly felt myself being pulled back into a hard chest.

The mouthwatering expensive cologne which invaded the air quickly became my new kryptonite. Truthfully, I didn't need to turn around to distinguish who it was but, i spun around nonetheless, and was now facing up into a pair of flickerin brown eyes.

Fuck Dimitri....

* * * * * * *