27

I sat there in silence as my dad sat on the other side of Bryson's bed

It's been 2 whole weeks and surprisingly he's been there for that exact time. But i have yet to open my mouth to form a sentence to him.

I didn't hate a lot of people but I absolutely hated this man. And i had absolutely nothing to say to him.

"It's been 2 weeks and you're still not going to talk to me Robyn?" He questioned

I had a Permanent frown on my face. It never left even when the others came to see Bryson or when i was at home. But I was rarely home. Many of my nights spent next to Bryson.

"It's been what.... 13 no 14 years and you expect me to have shit to say to you." I exclaimed

"Watch your mouth I'm still your dad."

I scoffed. "No, my dad died the day he walked out on us. Do you even realise the damage you did? To mum, Bryson and me?" I questioned

"You drove mum over the edge, Bryson was left to deal with your shit and now he's a fucking gang leader Martin. And that's the exact reason he's lying on this bed in a coma. Because of you.".

"You think i don't know what i did." He raised his voice.

I glared at him, he better tone it down.

"You think i didn't think about you and your brother all this time? I was worried sick about you guys."

"Bullshit. Worried about us? Then why the fuck didn't you pick up a phone and call us? Why the fuck didn't you come back here to see us. 14 fucking years and you think you can just waltz back into our lives and we'll play happy family?" I was so angry my face was turning red.

But i know i needed to calm down.

"I can't speak for Bryson but on my part all i can say if Fuck you Martin Tiller. You can rot in hell for all i care."

I got on my feet and walked out of the room.

I paced the hallway trying to calm myself down. My hands was shaking and my heart was racing.

I was not about to land in the hospital again.

I looked up just in time to see Oscar walking over to me.

He was the last person i wanted to see. The last time i saw him was the day he left to take care of some business. That was almost 3 weeks ago. 

I frowned as he made a move to kiss me.

Who said we were back on?

"Don't." I was angry at my dad and now i was angry at him

I was angry at the whole world

"Hey what's wrong?", He asked

"Nice to finally see you."

He frowned. "Robyn i had to deal with a few things.", he scratched the back of his bald ass head.

"Fine then.",

The door to Bryson's room opened and Martin walked out. 

Oscar's eyes widened.

"Who are you?",  he questioned looking at how close Oscsr was standing next to me.

"His name is none. None of your business." I glared.

With one last look he walked away. And i hope it was out of this hospital and out of Freeridge and into the gates of hell.

"Your dad's back?" He questioned.

"Previously on the life of Robyn." I said in a duh tone.

"Hey, calm down hermossa.  Don't let him get to you just chill." He pulled me into a hug rubbing my back.

"I'm just so tired Ossie." I wrapped my arms around his neck. Laying my head on his shoulders.

"Go home. Sleep baby. You need to rest."  He kissed my head.

"I know i should but what if he wakes up? I want to be there when he does."

I honestly did want to be there. I had alot of questions.

These past 2 weeks I've been driving myself crazy with different assumptions.

I wanted to know who the fuck shot my brother

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another week had gone by and i was yet again sat next to Bry's bed. Laurice had just left with Gio to get a few things and i was all by myself with him.

I've lost counts of how many times i cried asking Bryson to wake up.
But like the doctor said, it was all up to him.

When he was ready he was going to.
And i really needed him to wake up.

I glanced up when the door opened and my dad walked in.

Things between us two had cooled down. I was no longer bothered by his presence but i still didn't want him to say shit to me.

We sat there in complete silence until he decided to speak up.

"Want to go grab something to eat?" I turned towards him.

He was looking at me hopefully.

Laurice's words to give him a chance came back to mind.

One thing he taught me was to never trust a man. So why should i even trust him at this point.

But i guess everyone deserved a second chance.

But i wasn't God.

"Fine. Just wait till Gio comes back and we'll leave." Because i didn't want to leave Bryson alone.

I was hoping Gio wouldn't come but he did. The one time i needed him to be late he decided to come early

So i ended up at a small diner near the hospital facing my dad.

I could feel his feet bouncing up and down nervously.

"How have you been?" He asked trying to make conversation.

My face was blank.

"Good." And i kept my answer short

He sighed. "Look Robbie-" I cut him off.

"It's Robyn." I corrected

"Yes Robyn, i get it your mad  at me. But believe me when i say I'm truly sorry for everything I've put you and your brother through. You have to understand that i was also going through some things. And i didn't want to be the toxic parent and be around whilst going through them."

"So you chose to be an absent parent? It took you 14 years to get your shit together? Awful amount of time isn't it."

"Look, my wife-"  he stopped himself

My jaw clenched

He had a whole other family while i lived in a broken home with broken people.

I was about to bust his head open with my glass when my phone rang.

I looked down to see that it was Gio calling.

I immediately answered

"Yeah?"

"Rih, It's Bryson, He's awake."

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

So yeah guys, I'm sorry 😬😬

Swipe for next chapter 😬😬