90

I frowned down at my phone

I frowned down at my phone. It was 11 at night and there was still no text from Oscar. I tossed in bed and turned to my side,facing away from it. Maybe he fell asleep. I was going to try him in the morning

"Your daddy is developing the habit of not answering his phone bubba."i rub my stomach gently. I smiled at the small bump I had.it wasn't noticeable to anyone but to me it was.

I had to tell him soon.

~
"Why are you staring at your phone?" Laurice questioned as we sat at the dinning table having breakfast. I couldn't even eat anything.

I was worried

"I haven't heard from Oscar since he left." I frowned harder.

"Have you tried calling him?" She asked and I nodded. Only about 100 times. I even asked Benji and Pablo and none of them had heard from him.

I tried to call Cesar but his phone was turned off. I had asked Keisha go by his house and she still hasn't come back to me yet.

"I'm sure everything's fine." I told her but I had a gut feeling something wasn't okay, my hand instinctively went to my stomach.

I'm sure everything's fine

We heard a knock on the door and Laurice walked over and in walked Benji,Pablo and Cesar.

"Have you guys found him?" I questioned pushing my plate away

"No."

"Cesar were you home last night?"

"No I was over at Monse." He frowned.

Then where the fuck is he?

"Have you tried calling him?" Pablo asked and I glared at him.

"Was he at home?" I asked Cesar again and he shook his head "Benji picked me up straight from Monse. I haven't been at home yet." I could feel the frown lines on my forehead

"He might just be at home still asleep." Laurice reasoned

"Narh, he hates sleeping in." Benji shook his head and I nodded in agreement.

I took my phone and dialled Keisha's number at the same time she barged through the front door. I looked at her hopefully.

She pursed her lips shaking her head
"He isn't at his house....but his car is."

I frowned suddenly feeling lightheaded.

I walked over to the armchair and sat down.
"Something's wrong."

"Maybe he's with one of the other Santos." Laurice suggested

Pablo shook his head slowly staring ahead blankly
"I called Sad eyes and the others,they haven't heard or seen him."

Oh god.

"You don't think something happened to him?" Cesar asked looking at all of us in worry.

I let out a shaky breath trying to control my breathing,a panic attack won't help me,my baby and the situation at hand.

"I want everyone we know  looking for him.."I looked over at Keisha who nodded and left the room to start making a few phone calls.

I just wanted a normal life for once.
I could feel myself on the verge of tears.

"If something happened to him,it'll have something to do with Cuchillos." I told Benji and he nodded.

"She won't hurt him."He tried to reassure himself. I wasn't so sure about that,she was psychotic.

I could feel the breakfast I ate forcing its way out.

"Sorry."I excused myself and rushed to the toilet.

I kneeled infront of the toilet bowl and emptied my guts. Oscar isn't here to hold my hair back.

I stared at the content in disgust and then flushed the toilet.

"Are you okay?"I turned around to see Laurice standing there looking at me with worry

I nodded my head yes but then I shook my head with a No.

"I can't handle all of this Lau. I just want a fucking normal life where I don't have to fear things happening to the people I love." I started crying

"Aw Baby.. come here."She crouched down pulling me into a hug and I let it all out. I don't know why I was crying. It was a mixture of these ridiculous hormones,the thought of Oscar getting hurt and my whole joke of a life.

"It's going to be okay Rih. We're going to find him. I'm sure everything's fine."She rubbed my back in comfort

"What if it's not. What if He's dead. I can't raise this baby on my own." I cried but then it finally dawned on me what I said

"What?"she looked down at me in shock

"Surprise."I let out a small laugh

"You're pregnant?"she asked her face turning into a smile I nodded letting out a shaky breath

"And no he doesn't know,which is why he needs to be okay. He needs to be here every step of the way,but fucking hell Some shit always have to come up."It was getting exhausting at this point

"You know sometimes I regret asking you to come back to Freeridge."She blurted smiling down at me sadly.

"And sometimes I regret coming back. I know now,I have Oscar, I'm closer to you guys but it's not even been a whole year yet and I've went through more in this small amount of time than I've ever had my whole life." I leaned my head on the wall.

"But you know what you always say Rih..."

"Everything happens for a reason." She nodded.

"My greatest fear right now is that I lose one of you. I lose Oscar or I end up dead. At this point that's what's going to happen."It was the sad truth that I always have to remind myself. This was the life we live in. Anyone of us can die tomorrow.

"Don't be like that. Don't think like that. Have hope...this-"Her hand went to my stomach "-this is yours and Oscar's hope. This will get you out of Freeridge." I placed my hand on hers.

I really hope that was the case.

"Enough crying for me. We need to start lookign for him. Oscar doesn't just disappear off the face of the earth." I pulled away from her,getting on my feet.

"Are you sure it's that Cuchillos woman?"She questioned gettimg up herself.

How was I so sure?
I wasn't but if it wasn't her who would it be?

"It doesn't matter. We're going to find him,find out who's behind his disappearance and we'll deal with them."