"Not to worry though. I'm not going to stop trying. I'm not going to stop trying to be better, I know I can be better. Someone told me it's not to late and I believe her. Instead of hating and blaming everyone for what happened, instead of me holding on to the past and going after what's not mine, I've decided that I'm  going to start my own company and live for me this time. I'm going to try to be better, if I could do it with Benoil, I'm sure I can do it for another one, for mine. I'm going to start my own legacy and I'm going to do well,  I'm your son after all." He chuckled.

"You always said I was the future of our family. You always said I had more potentials than I could ever think of, you said I was a star. It's fine I proved it to you and everyone else, time to prove it to myself. I can be great just like Dad was. I can build my own legacy, I can be a better man, Baby steps isn't it? And maybe one day," he sniffed, "maybe one day I could be the man I was destined to be, I could be the man that's right for her, the man she always wanted me to be, maybe one day, if I tried hard enough, she would return back to me." Christian cleaned the tears that fell from his face. His heart was so heavy with sadness. He wanted to cry, to cry out loud but he just held it all in. He knew he didn't have to cause a scene   In that place.

"I'm going to do better Mum, but to do that, I have to let you go. I can't hold on to my past, hold on to your memory and be the better man I want to be, the better man you'd want me to be." He sniffed. This was harder than he thought. He shut his eyes for a second and bit on his tongue. "So I'm letting you go." He opened his eyes again. "I'm sending you off to find your own peace and I hope you'd be at peace no matter where you go. I hope you'd always be happy and proud of me, that you'd always pray for me and watch me grow into the man you'd always be proud of, the man you wanted me to and one day, on a sunny field, filled with all your favorite things, we'd meet again. I'd get to see you smile again and tell you about everything. But until then," he placed two fingers on his lips and then kissed it, he stretched it to the tombstone and placed them on it. He was sending her off. "Rest in peace, mother."

That was it.
He had finally done what he had to do and the moment he said those last words, he felt a rush of peace in his heart. It was like a heavy burden had been lifted off his chest. He felt lighter. He felt relieved. He was at peace, he bowed his head to pay his last respects and then slowly stood to his feet, he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and turned to go. He froze.

Christian's eyes met hers. Natalie's, standing right in front of him with a bouquet of roses in her hands, he blinked twice. He was so surprised. The last place he ever  imagined he was ever going to bump into her, was at his mother's grave. The sexton made it clear that she had not come to visit since she left the hospital. She looked just the same. The same as she always did. So beautiful. She looked like she had healed a lot the past few weeks, like she was a bit happy now, happier.

"I was told I'd find you here." She slowly said to him, holding on tightly to the flowers like she was so nervous. She couldn't imagine what was going through his head. How was she here? Why was she here? She let a tiny and sincere smile cover her face.

"Why are you so surprised? I told you I wasn't ever going to leave you didn't I?"

Christian was having a hard time wrapping his head around it. He blinked more than once to make sure he wasn't seeing things.

"I'm sorry I'm late Christian. I would have come to you earlier but it was hard convincing my parents to let me go."

"I-I thought y-you-"

"I can never leave you Christian." She told him. "I wouldn't even know where to go. You are my home."

Christian sniffed.
Those were the only things he needed to hear. The only things he needed to hear to find himself running towards her. He pulled her into his embrace immediately and hugged her tightly.