Chapter 90

Lady K

Lady K

Natalie had herself wrapped up in her bed. She cuddled herself and leaped slightly every time she heard the rumbling sound of thunder. The splattering sound of rain hitting the windows got louder each time she got to another decade of her rosary. She stopped praying for a second and then drew a deep breath. It was really hard for her to concentrate after everything she had heard Susan tell Christian back at the hospital. This was why she hated to eavesdrop and now that she did, she was scared out of her mind. She could barely sleep since then.

It had been exactly two days.

Two days since the shooting, two days since Benjamin had been in a coma. There was no positive update from the doctors and at that point, everyone was scared out of their senses, especially her husband. He had not left the hospital in two days. They were all supposed to take turns to watch Benjamin but for some reason, Christian wanted to do that on his own and it made her really worried about him.

She had later stopped by the hospital at noon and he wasn't there. She was told he had left. He wasn't at the office too, his phone was switched off when she had tried to call him with her Nanny's number so it didn't look like she cared what happened to him. This was why she was cuddled up in her bed scared to death. She wanted to know why, to know what was going through his head. God, she really hoped Susan's manipulations had not gotten to him at all.

"Please." She whispered, shutting her eyes for a second. "Please keep him safe." She begged God.

She really needed a miracle because she knew the man she had married. She knew the lengths he could go to in getting this self imposed birthright of his. She knew his insecurities and she was really scared he had given the enemy a chance to fuel them.

She jumped up quickly the moment she heard her door open, turning just immediately to see who it was. She placed her hand on her chest to draw deep relief breaths silently when she saw him, even when she saw the state he was in. He was drunk, it was no wonder he was walking into her room like it was his.

Two years of being married and they never for one day slept in each other's company. Guess he had to be drunk to walk into the only place that didn't have anything to do with him. Natalie got up quickly. She had a long look of surprise in her eyes as she watched him throw himself on her bed still with his shoes on.

Natalie took a minute to actually celebrate the fact that he was okay in her head before she made a U-turn around her huge bed to where he was, her hands folded beneath her breasts with a huge frown on her face.

"What are you doing?" She asked him. No, that wasn't the right question...

"Where have you been?" She pushed on in a demanding tone. "How could you just leave the hospital all day? Leave father alone?" She needed a reason to back up her reason for asking about his whereabouts. Fortunately, caring for Benjamin had become that reason.