Chapter 107

Kora

I kept my face as bright as ever, my curly brown hair neatly packed up in a bun and my edges, properly laid. My mum handpicked my yellow knee length, off shoulder dress with sunflower prints on it and I was glad she did because it complemented with the sun rays that shone on me from the thick glass, making my collarbones stand out and my brown hand bag and yellow sandals to do the rest of the trick.

My make up was just perfect. Not too much, not too little, just, you know, defined. It was my first time meeting him in person since the other time I drove him halfway to the company didn't count. Now, I was meeting him as his son's girlfriend. As Jeremiah's girlfriend and I knew I had to make a good impression. I hoped I did. I couldn't bring myself to look at him because I was so nervous but I managed to keep my smile bright even when I noticed he was whispering some words to Emmanuel half the time since I got there. I waited for it to be over. And there it was, over.

He cleared his throat and turned back to the table as the music changed. I looked around the fancy restaurant. I couldn't believe he had set all that up for me. It made my heart flutter a big deal.

"You've not touched your food." He gestured to the really tasty pasta in my plate. I was too nervous to even think of eating. I chuckled faintly. "Am I making you uncomfortable?"

"No." I waved my hand in front of him proving my point. "Not at all." I lied, letting my smile grow even wider. He exhaled. Not like I could help myself. If he maybe smiled a little bit, I wouldn't have been so nervous. Now I totally understood what Jeremiah meant anytime he said his father had no smiles to give.

"Thank you for agreeing to meet with me." He told me.

"I should be the one thanking you." I chirped in. He rose his gaze at me. "I'm happy you invited me. There was nothing to really agree on. I'm kind of excited to finally meet you. Jeremiah has told me a lot about you and we didn't really get to bond the other day at the house."

Get comfortable Kora.
The voice in my head told me. Confident and comfortable but not too much.

"I'm really excited that you recovered and everything turned out so well in the end for everyone." I added. "Including Jeremiah."

"How much do you know about my son Jeremiah?" He cut in even before I had settled my tongue.

"Huh?" At first i pretended like I hadn't heard him because I didn't see that question coming at all. And then I smiled, feeling my cheeks redden. "I know just a few things." I told him. "Enough."

"So it's safe to say he tells you everything that goes on with our family?"

"W-well not everything." I tried to explain while I scanned through my memory of one thing about his family I didn't know. There was nothing. Jeremiah tells me everything. "I just know a few-"

"What are you plans for your life after school Miss-" he looked at me for a while with his eyes scanning through mine like he was trying to remember my name. He wouldn't even let me finish talking before he threw another question at me and there he was, not remembering my name.

"Kora." I answered him in the softest tone ever. "My name is Kora."

He nodded.

"Right." He answered me and then paused. Hoping I went ahead to answer his questions. I drew in a deep breath. I honestly didn't know how I was able to answer that.

"Honestly," I pursed my lips for a second. "I've not really thought about it yet."

"So you don't know what you'd like to do after school?"