Chapter 70

Lady K

Lady K

Unlike other kisses, the ones we see in the movies, this particular kiss was taking longer than I had seen in Jeremiah's head. Best part was, Kora seemed to be enjoying it for the second time. Just like she did at the gala, she stopped fighting, I hoped this particular kiss wasn't going to land her into a different kind of trouble.

Sigh.

Should have seen how tightly Jeremiah was holding on to her waist, and how he had her hand suspended in the air, same level with his chest, as she was trying to pound her fist on it before the kiss first came. She hadn't even realized she had stopped crying even when her last drop of tear had shared a spot on Jeremiah's pale face, while Jeremiah on the other hand, had completely forgotten how sick he was. How his head had almost torn apart while driving to school, and how pale his skin was.

In a few more seconds, I guess he had enough. He retracted his lips slowly from hers. Really slow, his hands too loosened on her waist. The look on his face, it was surprise mixed with anxiety and satisfaction all at once, even as he looked into Kora's eyes. Wondering if she was mad about it. Kora slowly opened her eyes. She was so numb, too numb to even make a sound, and the moment she looked into his eyes for an extra two seconds, she hiccuped.

God that was embarrassing!
Those were her thoughts and mine too. It was really awkward. She shut her eyes for a second to breathe when another hiccup came out. Now Jeremih was concerned. He leaned closer to her and gently grabbed her by her shoulders.

"Are you okay?" He asked her.

Kora needed more than the few seconds that had passed to snap out of her imaginations. She was still in a lot of shock, and still had a problem with talking. She hiccuped, even when she tried too. It was going to be difficult getting an answer from her at that point. Jeremiah knew that. He exhaled and then pushed himself towards her.

"Wait here." He told her. "I have something I need to take care of. I'll be back for you."

She just kept staring into his eyes. That was his affirmation. His ticket to leave, since she looked like she was okay. Jeremiah turned and stormed to the door as fast as he could, while Kora just stood there backing him. The hiccup stopped the moment she heard the door shut behind him, and her legs became weakened too. She fell to the ground quickly, breathing harder and harder, trying to catch her breath and stop her heart from flying out of her mouth. She placed her hand on her chest so she could feel her heart beat. It was racing so well. She took a deep breath, and then another one, hitting on her chest gently. She knew she had to keep herself together. She took another deep breath.

Jeremiah on the other hand, had his whole head somewhere else. He was hurrying down the stairs so fast that it shocked everyone he walked past. Everyone had to stop for a second to look. No one had ever seen him hurry so urgently before. Kingsley was right downstairs, starring into his phone. A huge sigh of relief escaped from his mouth when he raised his eyes and saw Jeremiah rushing down the stairs like a tornado. He was getting closer to him.