Chapter 2

Kora

Kora

"Kora!"

I could hear my name from outside the door, the big white door leading into my moderate sized bedroom. I never left my room and since I didn't really have friends, I tried to stay indoors as much as I could, and I always made sure all my previous rooms were comfortable enough for me to spend the whole day in, all my rooms were in my favorite color, purple with a king sized bed, a huge wardrobe, a really wide table right in front of the window where I could be on my laptop, drawing designs for these cool outfits I'd love to make one day, and still watch the skies at the same time and pictures of my top three obsessions in frames all over my wall; Nicki Minaj, Queen B and the gorgeous Tiwa Savage. I'd literally move mountains to be locked in a room with those three powerful women.

"Kora!" She yelled my name again. I didn't bulge. I turned to the other side of my bed, pretending to not hear her. I knew who it was and trust me, it never ended well whenever she walked into my room yelling my name like that. The door swung open immediately.

Good gracious, I forgot to turn the lock again.

Talk about someone with absolutely zero manners.

I could smell her. Her Michael Kors perfume filled my room the moment she walked in and found her way to my bed.

I could hear her let out a tiny scoff. I could almost guess she had her hands wrapped beneath her breasts and a huge frown on her face with one of her eyebrows raised. That was always her favorite pose when she stood in my face.

"I know you're not sleeping Kora."

I opened my eyes slowly and bit on my lip hard. God, why wouldn't she just leave me alone? To be honest, ever since I got back from the football field, I hadn't really been in the mood to entertain guests, especially this particular guest because I knew she always brought trouble with her and trouble was the last thing I needed. I needed to cleanse my mind. I just needed some alone time which she clearly didn't care about. If I really wanted her to leave, I knew I just had to give her the attention she craved for.

"What do you want Racheal?"

I finally asked her, turning around so I could sit on my bed now and look at her at the same time, pulling my round glasses up my nose bridge so I could see the really tall Kendal Jenner like figure, light skinned girl standing right in front of me. My step sister, Racheal Olori.

It had only been a few years since her father and my mother tied the knot, almost three years to be exact. Thirty months since we've both been forced to live with each other, because trust me, I'd have given anything to have chosen who I'd rather be step sisters with. Let's just say Ray and I haven't exactly been best of friends. She never really liked me, or my mum, and I can say the feeling was mutual, especially since she always blamed my mum and I for trying to take her dead mother's place in the house. Someone that died six years before we even moved in, what's there to take? What position is left for the dead? she's too delusional, I'd give her that.