Chapter 84

Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Forty-eight hours. No, it had been exactly two days. Two days of sulking in my bed, in that really horrible hospital dress, doing absolutely nothing but worry all day and stare at the tiny buildings outside from the window. The view was absolutely breathtaking from the fifth floor, the VIP floor. You could see the small river at the far end. It looked like the buildings were right on top of it. More like an island. But at that moment, I didn't care about any of that. I was restless. Ever since I got Kora's text to meet up, I had  been restless. It was really going to be close to impossible to see her. To see the both of them especially since my father had made sure there were guards surrounding the hospital and monitoring my every move. Leaving without them noticing was never going to happen. I wasn't even allowed to have any guests. None except-

"Oh my goodness." I exhaled when I heard the slam sound of her textbook as she shut it close. "I'm bored out of my mind."

Except my Fiancée. Except Oma.

I slowly raised my head to look at her. Oma was an exception to everything. She and her family had the permission to do whatever they wanted and go wherever they wanted as far as my family was concerned. To my father, Oma and her mother were our family too. It looked like I was stuck with her for life after all. But look on the bright side, Oma was the only chance I got to put my plans into action. It was why I had chosen that day. It was why I had asked that she spent the entire day with me. It was why I had to put the rest of my plans to work or at least try to. She had a huge frown on her face. I could tell she was frustrated of being there. She hated hospitals. I knew that for a fact. It was a wonder she had been able to visit everyday without fail. I guess when you liked someone the way Oma did me, you could do everything for that person. Even if what you had to do were things you never wanted to do. She was trying so hard to shake it off, to act like she wasn't bothered by it but she was. She slowly reached for her phone.

"Why did you come if you know you hate it here so much?" I asked her.

She curved her lips.

"Like I had a choice. You asked me to come didn't you?" She rubbed her arm. "I really can't wait for you to leave this room. I'd choose your house over this place a thousand times."

"Are you that bothered by this place?" I took a deep breath. "Would you like to go out for some air? See a movie? Just us?"

She narrowed her brows. I could tell she was surprised. I hardly ever wanted any form of alone time with Oma. That was like the first time in a while but I was desperate. I needed her help.

She sat up slowly, not daring to take her eyes off me.

"I heard there are some really cool movies in cinemas right now." I had to convince her. "We could go check them out if you like."

"You want to spend some alone time with me?" She looked like she was having a hard time believing it. "Really? Are you even sure you can go out? Are you allowed to?"