Kaden's Crush?

Albert's POV

Friday 6:34PM

Everyone was outside in the backyard. Ana, Kirsten, Meg, Paige and Raven were sitting together and they were talking. Denis, Elijah, Ethans, Russo and  Paige's boyfriend were all huddled together, talking. Rebecca and Roseanne were asleep in their room. Kaden, Adam and I were sitting on the grass.

Kaden was acting kind of shy. Rocky came out of no where and he licked my face. Gross.

Kaden was being very awkward about it.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Um, yeah." he said. His face was turning a little pink.

"Um, I'll be right back." I said as I got up.

"Okay." he said.

I walked into the house and I went upstairs. I slowly opened Jake's bedroom door.

In there I saw a crying man in a baggy hoodie. He was laying on the bed, curled up. I walked over to him to make sure he was ok. I turned the lamp on and then I crouched down to Jake's level.

"What's going on? Why are you crying?" I asked, my voice filled with concern. He just shook his head in response.

"Dude, come on. Is there anything I can do for you? Do you need some water or something?" I asked and he just nodded.

I sprinted out and ran downstairs. When I got to the bottom step, Kaden walked in with Kirsten.

"Um, over here." she said as she walked him over to the bathroom. He quickly glanced and then looked away from me. I just shrugged it off and, I walked to the kitchen. I heard footsteps slowly walking downstairs. I turned around to see Jake, who was headed to the living room. He sat down on the couch and I walked over to him with a glass of water.

"I have a really bad headache right now." he said in a groggy voice.

I put my hand over his head. His head was a little hot. I rushed out of the living room and I looked for some Tylenol. When I finally found the Tylenol, I sprinted back to the living room.

I gave him the box and I let him take it out himself. Just then, Kaden walked by, after going to the bathroom. "Hey, Kaden!" I said to him. He smiled and then he looked at Jake. "Is he, okay?" asked Kaden. I nodded before Jake gave me the box back. "Do you need anything?" I asked, Kaden. He shook his head and he walked back out.

"You, good?" I asked, Jake before I put the Tylenol on the coffee table. I sat beside him on the couch. He didn't say anything. "Do you want to talk about it? You can vent to me if you want to." I said.

"I'm not ready to talk about it." He mumbled. He put his hood up and then he looked at me. I slowly leaned in and planted a small kiss on his lips.

He slighty smiled at me and blushed before he looked the other way. My face was heating up. "Um, let's just go outside. Everyone is out there." I said as I got up from the couch. He got up too, and we went to the backyard.

Jake's POV

Albert wanted us to go outside. I didn't want to go outside but I followed him, anyway. We sat with an awkward Kaden and a hyperactive Bedrock.

"Sunset!" Albert screamed as he ran back to the house. I was left with Kaden and Rocky. "So, how are you?" asked Kaden. "I think I'm okay. I haven't been feeling that good lately. How about you?" I said.

"I'm good!" he said.

"Oh, that's good, I guess." I said, before I heard a window slide open. I turned around and Albert was climbing out. He casually sat on the roof and watched all of us.

I sighed and I turned back to Kaden. "So, how did you and Albert, become friends?" asked Kaden.

"Uh, just Roblox. We were both very lonely teenagers. We grew up being online friends until we met up in person for the first time. I really did not know that we would best friends, 8 years later, when we first met. I didn't know that he would be able to annoy me or be anywhere near me, outside of Roblox. I just didn't see any of this coming." I said as I pulled on my hoodie strings. I was probably blushing and I didn't want to show it.

"Oh cool." he said.

"How does it feel like being shipped with Albert?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You haven't heard of Kalbert?" I asked as I pulled my hoodie down.

"I've definitely heard of that. Actually, I don't mind being shipped with him. I kind of like him or whatever, but we're both dating someone." he said, as he blushed a little. "Wait, what? You like Albert? In what kind of way?" I said, cocking an eyebrow. "I think he's cute. Don't make a big deal out of it, please." he said. "Kaden, I-" I hesitated to speak. I did not know what to say.