Feeling like a Dad

Jake's POV

Driving Kirsten's car with two kids and baby supplies to Albert's house was something I never thought I would do. I feel like a dad.

"So, what's your name?"

"Madeline Jaylin-Anabella Clark Garcia!"

"Holy crap! Why is your name so long!?"

"My middle name is long and I have two last names."

"Oh, that's cool! What do I call you though?"

"You can call me Madeline, Jaylin, Jaylin-Anabella, Anabella or whatever you come up with."

"Oh, ok."

"What's your name?" Jaylin asked me.

"I'm Jacob,"

"ASL" she chuckled.

"You know what that means?"

"Yeah, I'm not stupid!" She scoffed.

"Twenty-four, Male, from Ohio, what about you?"

"Fourteen, Female, from Florida! Four f's! Fuck, fuck, fuck, and fuck! I'm sorry." I chuckled as I listened to her swear in front of Adam. "You're 14!?"

"Yeah, I am! I'm just really small! Adam looks 2 even though he's 4!"

"No offense but I though you were 10."

"I get that a lot, it's fine!"

"How're you doing back there Adam?" I asked waiting for a response. "He doesn't talk a lot, he was a little late on learning how to speak. He doesn't really like to talk a lot." Jaylin said as she unzipped the spiderman backpack. She took out a tablet and handed it to him and zipped the bag up. "Once he gets to know you, he'll speak to you!"

"Shy, kid?" I looked through the rearview mirror and he smiled. I smiled back and looked back at the road. His smiled made my day. Is this what it feels to be a dad? Oh my god, that's weird...