Balance

Aria stood in front of the full length mirror as she looked herself over in her white capris and light gray tunic. She turned to the side and pulled her shirt up to see her belly softly protrude out. She didn't know what to expect after only a few months, but she was slowly losing sight of the toned muscles she had grown accustomed to seeing. Now she looked like she had over indulged in the desert table after skipping a few days- or weeks- of cardio. But she didn't mind the extra cushion, not when it meant she was growing a little, tiny human inside of her.

"Hello, beautiful wife." Poe snuck up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist as he rested his chin on her shoulder. He looked the two of them over in the mirror. "Hello, sweet baby of ours." His hands carefully palmed her belly. "You made your mom get up to pee twice last night." He teased her belly lightly.

Aria smiled and leaned her head back to rest against him. "It's not the baby's fault, everything is so cramped down there. My bladder should not be right next to my womb. It's an anatomical flaw."

Poe gave a husky chuckle as he turned his head to kiss the curve of her neck. Aria's eyes fluttered closed as her skin flushed under his lips. Her heart picked up as she leaned more heavily into him.

"Poe," She moaned his name as he trailed another kiss up the side of her neck. "These pregnancy hormones are making me very sensitive." She warned him as she lifted a hand to tangle her fingers in his hair.

Poe hummed into her skin as he gave another kiss.

Aria panted as she moved her head so he could continue his trail of kisses. Her knees started to weaken as she lost herself under his touch.

"No, no, no, we don't have time for this-" Aria slipped out from his embrace and turned to hold up her hands to stop him from attacking her again. "I have a meeting with the Chancellor and you have a meeting with the Flight team." She took a small step back as Poe began to advance on her.

"We have time." Poe's voice was mildly convincing as he followed her out of the large bathroom. Aria shook her head as she looked behind her to make sure she wasn't going to run into the bed.

"We don't have time!" She looked back at him when she was sure she wasn't going to trip over anything. "There is a reason they gave us this nice room in this nice palace- it's because they know we are always late for these things." She backed up into a wall and gulped as she realized he had her cornered.

A silky, devious smile pulled on Poe's lips as he stood just in front of her. He placed a hand on either side of her head so she had nowhere to go.

"It's not my fault that I find you-" He let his eyes rack over her body slowly. "Glowing."

Aria gulped again as she tried to keep her emotions in check. "That's what you have said every morning for the past three months." She pressed her hands into his chest to push him away from her. She took a step forward as he let her do it. "I'm starting to think you have a pregnant woman kink." She joked as she dropped her hands from his chest to grab her shoes from the foot of the unmade bed.

"I have a kink for you." Poe's attempt to seduce Aria made her giggle as she tied her shoes. She turned to laugh at him over her shoulder.

"That was horrible." She told him. "That killed the mood for me, and I-" She stood up and turned to look at him fully. "Am always in the mood." She patted his shoulder as she made her way towards the door. R-8 followed behind her happily, giving Poe a goodbye chirp along the way.

As Aria let R-8 lead her to the Chancellor's office, she took her time to admire the beautiful palace. The halls accentuated the enormously tall ceilings that carried through each room. The ceiling was so tall there were long marble white pillars staggered along the walkway to support the weight. Between the pillars were grand windows with stained glass that refracted bright hues or purple and yellow throughout the hall. Those colors were specifically colored to honor her and Rey- their sacrifice for the cause was symbolized all over the palace, as were all the other lives that were lost. Hondo had her own strategizing room with low lights and purple curtains. Leia was immortalized in most rooms with an etching of an inspiring quote she had once said.