Weeding out the double agent

"Congratulations," General Leia smiled at each member of Black Squadron. "Because of your efforts, we now have two possible locations for Lor San Tekka. We are closer now more than ever to obtain the last piece in finding Luke Skywalker." Leia walked in front of the assembled team. "Take a break, celebrate, you deserve it." She nodded at them to leave. 

"Thank you, General." They paid their respects before they headed towards the door. 

"Commanders Dameron and Solo, please stay behind," Leia asked as they started to walk out with the rest of their team. 

Aria and Poe paused and let the rest of their team walk out before they went back to their previous positions in front of Leia. 

Leia kept her steady gaze on the door to make sure their team wouldn't come back to check on them. When it remained closed for a full minute, she looked between the Squadron's captain and his number two. 

"I understand you have some concerns of a double agent among your group." Leia looked between Aria and Poe as she spoke. "Why do you suspect this?" She posed the question carefully. She didn't want speculation, accusing one of their own of disloyalty was a grand offense, but if it was true, she wanted to weed them out immediately. 

Poe and Aria looked to one another to see who would speak first. Aria nodded towards Poe, and the captain cleared his throat before he addressed the General, "I found a tracker aboard my X-wing during our first mission to Ovanis. I believe that is how the First Order's assassin was able to find us, and again on our mission to Megalox. He knew of our location and trapped us among the prisoners. That intel could have only come from one of us." 

General Leia nodded as she turned and started to pace along the room. As she did, the people she passed by paused their work to look up at her. One look and they knew the importance of the moment. Some chose to leave the room entirely while others simply went back to their work with even more vigor. She paused as she lifted her gaze to Poe. "This news is very concerning, Commander." She shook her head sorrowfully. "Your mission to track down Tekka is of utmost importance, but the information he carries could be fatal if in the wrong hands." Leia lifted a hand to tap methodically on her chin. Her eyes glossed over with endless scenarios. "Black Squadron will be temporarily disassembled until we figure out who the double agent is." 

Both Aria and Poe perked up at the thought of disbanding the team. 

"But General-"

"Leia, you can't-" 

Leia looked towards the two wide-eyed pilots. She found the same fire within both of them, she could feel it swirling around in them. They had just a strong sense of justice, of want to prove themselves that they were blinded to the consequences of what could happen if their double agent continued to feed intel to the First Order. 

"Can I not?" She asked rhetorically when they were done complaining. She turned to face them as she stood tall, erecting years of politicking to add fire to her vigor. "Does my post as General make me inadequate to call such actions?" She looked sternly between Poe and Aria. "It is in the best interest of the mission to discontinue your search. If the First Order were to obtain Luke's location... the results would be detrimental. For now, you will return to your normal duties. As you do, try to figure out who the spy is." She waited for them to give a sign of acknowledgment. When they did not speak she asked, "Am I understood?"  

"Yes, General." They spoke simultaneously. 

"Good." Leia nodded. "You're dismissed." Aria slunk out of the meeting room with a new low, but Poe kept his stance as he looked at the General. "Is there something else, Commander?" She asked rather impatiently.