Failures, Failures, Failures

Something heavy slapped Aria in the face, startling her into consciousness. It wasn't the best way to wake up, but she didn't think there was a good way to wake up when it involved a raging hangover. 

"Oh... I think I ran head first into a brick wall." She grumbled as she sat up and pressed her hands into her temples. "Please tell me I am not alone in this feeling."

"I feel fine." Connix bragged as she sat up. She wiggled her eyebrows and even shook her head from side to side to test it. When there was no pain she gave a shrug and looked at Aria. "But you did mix medication and alcohol... which is something they teach you not do to, ya know right around the time they teach you how to tie your shoes." She teased dryly. 

"Shove off," Aria flung her out blindly, but only nicked Connix's shoulder. "Rose, how do you feel?" 

Rose rolled over, and accidently fell off the bed onto the floor. Aria and Connix gasped as they scooted to the edge of the bed to check on Rose. "That seems like an accurate depiction of how I'm doing." Rose kept her eyes closed as she slowly released her tense body to check for serious injuries. 

Aria and Connix tried to hold their laughter in until Rose told them she was okay. They found their answer in the way the creases blended out to show her smooth forehead. 

"Coffee?" Connix proposed as she looked between Aria and Rose. 

"You're speaking my love language." Aria slid down to the foot of the bed to look for clothes. 

As she picked through her horrendous stock pile of clothes, Rose and Connix sat on the bed and watched. "I swear I'm a bit cleaner than this,  but I've only been in here for two weeks and most of that time has been spent... um... crying." She paused to give them a desperate look. "So... once that stops I'll clean this up." 

"Aria?" Rose kept her voice soft to cushion the inevitable blow she was about to deliver. "Are you stalling from officially unpacking because you're secretly hoping to move back in with Poe?" 

Aria froze with a pair of high-waisted, brown, cargo pants in her hands. "What?" She asked as an exhale, as if she couldn't believe Rose ever thought of the question. 

Rose gulped and looked to Connix for help, but the young girl gave a useless shrug. 

"I just mean... people tend to not unpack when they're hoping to move soon again. I know I never unpacked when I was on the run with Paige. When we finally became part of the Resistance, I unpacked because I knew that I wanted this to be my home..." Rose licked her lips as she watched Aria's head bow to look at her pants. "So... are you holding out in hopes to move again?"

Aria played with the stitching on the right leg of her pants. They would be loose enough around the thighs so her wound could breathe, but tight around the calves and waist to stay in place. 

She thought of all of this before she contemplated what Rose said. 

"I'll clean it tonight." She decided as she turned towards the bathroom to change. She picked up a forest green wrap on the way. 

"Aria-" Rose called out after her. "You don't- that's not what I meant-" But the door already closed. 

Aria took her time as she wrapped the thick material around her shoulders. It was so wide it covered the top of her shoulder blade, and as she wove it under her armpit and across her chest it covered her breasts in one swoop. She wrapped it around her other shoulder, brought it down then wrapped it around her torso until she covered her belly button. To finish off she used the wrap's clip and clipped the material together. 

When she put the dark brown cargo pants on they overlapped the wrap, leaving no skin on her midsection showing. She tightened the belt on the pants and let the extra flop around in front of her. She could have tucked it into the belt loop, but it had already taken too much effort to dress herself, so she left it.