The First Order

Han and Aria followed the entire crowd out of the castle to see what caused the noise. When they were free of the castle the looked up to see the remnants of an obliterated planet. 

"Oh for heavens-" Aria muttered as her father grabbed her arm and pulled her through the crowd to meet up with Chewie. "What... why are they doing this? Now?" Aria couldn't take her eyes off the destroyed planet. Millions of lives... gone. 

"Come on, kid. We gotta keep going." Han told his daughter. He didn't have any words of wisdom for her, not for this. 

He focused on navigating them through the crowd, and when he broke free of it Chewie was there waiting for them. 

He gave a growl of worry as he looked up to the sky.

"I know, we gotta go, now." Han agreed with him. 

"It was the Republic!" Finn ran up to them as he said it. Aria's eyes widened as she looked back up to the sky. All of her friends, the people she worked alongside for years... they were all gone. "The First Order, they've done it. Where's Rey?" Finn looked around for the girl. 

"She's not here." Aria swallowed her guilt and grief as she looked at Finn. "But Maz knows where she is." She turned back towards Maz's castle. With Han's grip on her she almost could move. "Dad-" She whipped around to look at her aged father. "We can't leave without her."

Han knew she was right, but he hated that by staying to find Rey, he was putting his own daughter at risk. 

"Fine... but we must be quick." 

Aria nodded and the four of them pushed back through the crowd to get back into the castle. It was harder than the first time. With everyone trying to escape, they were moving against the current. But eventually they broke through the doors to find Maz standing alone on her bar. 

"You four- come with me now." She motioned for them to follow her. 

"Where's Rey?" Finn asked as he moved around the other two to step up behind Maz. Maz didn't answer him as she lead them down to the basement that Rey had previously been in. 

Aria, Han and Chewie all stood in a line while Finn was behind Maz. The last three look around interestingly at a part of the castle they had never seen before. 

Maz moved them in to her treasures room and lifted the box that Rey had found all on her own. "I've had this for ages." She told them as she turned and opened the box. She pulled the lightsaber out from it and lifted it up. At first she seemed to want to give it to Finn, but then she passed him and handed it off to Aria. 

Aria grabbed the lightsaber and held it flat in her palms as she looked it over. 

"Where'd you get that?" Han looked at the familiar lightsaber in Aria's hands. 

"A good question for another time." Maz told Han, then she looked up at Aria who continued to stare at the weapon in a child-like wonderment. "Use it. Find your friend." She told her. 

Just as Aria wrapped her fingers around the base of the lightsaber the room around them shook violently. Aria's eyes widened as she looked around them to try and find the source of the shaking.  

"Those beasts! They're here!"

"Here?" Aria couldn't hide her shock as she looked from Maz to Han. "Someone must've alerted the First Order." 

"Now we really have to go." Han grabbed her upper arm. 

"Not without Rey." Aria was stubborn, and every other time Han admired it. But not when her stubbornness could cost her her life.