Remorse.

Aria turned her head to ease the tension in her neck. It popped as she moved it to face the opposite wall. She groaned at the sound and arched her back off the bed to stretch out.

Something heavy laid over her stomach, preventing her from fully stretching. Instead of opening her eyes, she reached her hand towards whatever was blocking her, only to find her fingers tangled in something soft and airy.

At her trapped hand, Aria opened her eyes to see what had both her stomach and hand ensnared. Her eyes opened to slits as she craned her neck to look down at her midsection. Through her tired eyes and against the dark room, Aria only saw a dark head of curly hair rise and fall with her breathing. The head laid on her stomach, with one hand cradling her bare side as her shirt had risen to just below her chest.

"Poe?" Aria morning voice cracked from misuse. Aria used the hand tangled in his hair to shake his sleeping head. "Hey- Poe?" Poe groaned and turned his face into the soft, warm skin of Aria's stomach. His facial hair scratched her, making her simultaneously cringe and curl her toes. "Poe- wake up!" She pulled her fingers through his curls and lightly slapped his head.

This time, he woke up fully and lifted his head from Aria's stomach. He looked first at the tan skin he thought was his pillow, then to his hand as it cradled the soft, toned skin under him. As his eyes trailed up the body, he finally met Aria's tired blue and gold eyes.

Though Aria and Poe were surrounded by darkness, Aria could see the faint pink lines adorned across Poe's cheek from the hem of her shorts.

"Morning?" The pure innocence in Poe's voice startled Aria.

"How... how did you fall asleep like that?" Aria tilted her head on her pillow as she looked from Poe's tired, dropping eyes to her exposed stomach. Much like his face, there were red lines all across her bare stomach from his face pressing into it.

Poe still had his hand wrapped around her side, and carefully he moved his thumb over the exposed bottom rib of her ribcage. The touch was so soft and alluring that Aria closed her eyes and almost fell back asleep.

To stop herself from doing so, she reached down with her free hand and pushed his hand off of her. With the lack of skin-to-skin contact she could think slightly clearer.

"How.. are you?" It was a guarded question, and backed with worry. Poe didn't want to upset her, but he wanted to make sure she was okay.

"I just lost my father." Aria kept her voice the same she would if she were discussing a political topic. "I'm horrible." Her façade broke as she looked over at Poe's bedhead. His curls stuck up adorably and his eyes were still red with sleep. "How are you?" She found herself asking, for no other reason than to get the attention off of her.

Poe took it with a laugh. He leaned up to one elbow and pushed his free hand back through his hair, which just sent more of it up in all directions. "You just lost your father and you're asking how I am?" Poe raised a thick, bushy brow as he looked up at Aria's pink-cheeked face. "I'm horrible." He used her words against her.

Despite everything, she gave a dimpled smile.

She sat up and pulled the blanket up to her chest and tucked it under her chin. As she leaned back against the headboard her hair scrunched up behind her to create a small pillow.

"Poe Dameron... forever the charmer." 

Poe kept laying on his elbow as he watched her. Her hair had crimped in her sleep since it was wet the night before. Her eyes were swollen from fallen tears and her lips were raw. It all made her appear ten years younger while the heavy grief in her eyes aged her.