Bargaining.

"You want me to let you go scout out Kylo Ren's whereabouts?" Leia stood firm in front of Aria, Poe, Chewie and Rey. Once again, it felt like just the day before, but this time was different- this time Aria had Poe on her side. 

"I think it's important we keep a close eye on him now more than ever. He's rising to his truest potential, he just killed his father so he could be irrational-"

"Like you?" Leia cut Aria off. Aria lifted her head as she refused to answer the General. "I'm afraid your intentions for this mission are not just." She spoke her truth. 

Again, Aria didn't answer. 

"It was my idea, General." Poe lied. Aria's eyes widened as both she and Leia looked to him. He cleared his throat as he first met Aria's eyes, then his General's. "We destroyed Starkiller Base, but someone like Kylo Ren does not let that stop him for long. We can't give him a moment alone. I want to use Black Squadron to hunt him down and make sure he's still sulking instead of plotting."

Leia began to pace the room. Her small, slow strides took her longer to walk the length of the room, but it gave her more time to think. 

The others all stayed silent to allow her time to do so. They knew it was no easy decision, it was her son they were tracking down, after all. 

"Rey and Chewie are using the map we put together to find Luke and bring him back home to us." Leia stopped in front of Aria as she said it. She knew out of all of them, Aria needed to hear it most. And just as she expected, Aria's eyes widened as a newfound hope filled them. "While they are gone... you may track down Kylo Ren- but do not- do not-" she repeated as Poe and Aria looked at each other with smirks. "Do not engage with him. This is a stealth mission. If you are detected, get the hell out of there." Again, Leia looked directly at Aria as she said it. "We've already lost too much. We can't lose any more." 

Aria gulped as she gave a grave nod. "Yes, General."

Leia gave them her nod of dismissal, and they all took it to get ready for their next mission. 

"Aria!" Rey followed after Aria as she went to her dorm to change. 

"Yeah?" Aria didn't stop walking. She didn't have time to. Any second they wasted here was more time for her brother to get away or do something heinous. 

She opened the door to her room and left it open for Rey to follow her in. 

The girl did with ease, and took a second to revel in the fact that she was in Ariavanna Solo's room. It was messy just like she expected it to be, but smelled like mint and vanilla. 

"Why aren't you coming with me to Luke? He knows you, right? So wouldn't seeing you help bring him back?" Rey asked the question had that had been bothering her ever since Leia had given her the mission. 

"I haven't been able to bring him back yet." Aria told the young training Jedi as she grabbed her pilot's uniform from her wardrobe and threw it on her bed. "My going wouldn't ensure him returning."

"Neither would my going." Rey told her as she watched her move into her bathroom. The water ran, then Aria came out with her toothbrush in her mouth. 

"It's something new." She mumbled as a dribble of foam dropped from her chin. She went back into the bathroom to finish brushing her teeth, then she came out with red, freshly cleaned cheeks. "You have potential and a want to learn the force." Aria told Rey as she pulled her leather jacket off and set it on her bed next to her pilot's uniform. "He will see the potential in you and that might just be enough to bring him back." She unbuttoned her pants and gave Rey a pointed look. "I don't mind changing in front of you... unless it makes you squirrely."