Paralyzed

The entire base on D'Qar celebrated their victorious destruction of Starkiller Base. Their efforts and sacrifices helped stop the annihilation of so many innocent, unsuspecting planets. 

By while they raved on over their victory, one specific group of people mourned for their greatest sacrifice. 

Leia waited patiently as the Millennium Falcon lowered to the ground. It would be the first time she watched them land, and not see Han Solo walk off of it. 

The Millennium Falcon landed with partying Resistance Members all around it who were unaware of their loss. They were almost ignorant as they laughed and cheered with each other. 

Even as the ramp to the Millennium Falcon lowered, the entire Resistance kept their cheers up. After all, they wouldn't have been able to attack the Oscillator if not for them. 

When the ramp fully lowered, Rey stepped off and looked around at all the smiling faces. She saw them, but she couldn't understand them. Instead she walked up to Leia and let the woman wrap her arms around her as the two grieved for the loss of a great man. 

Still, the crowd didn't understand their embrace, they thought nothing of it other than two reunited friends celebrating their success. 

They died down slightly as Chewie got off with an unconscious Finn in his arms. The crowd parted down the middle as Chewie carried him to the Med Bay in the depth of the base. 

Despite the ailment of one of the team, the base still felt festive, that is... until Aria stepped off the Falcon. 

Aria had been praised for her strong stature, and her ability to chill anyone to the bone with a single glare. But now, the woman who walked down the ramp of the Falcon was not the woman they loved to fear. No... the woman in front of them was paled faced, and her clenched fists shook by her side as though she were freezing. Her eyes stared ahead, but she didn't see anyone as she made her way through the crowd. People moved out of her way, but gave her loving pats on the shoulder as she walked by. She didn't thank any of them. She didn't even flinch as their hands grazed the shoulder of her leather jacket. 

Nothing. 

She was a shell of the woman they knew, but they didn't understand it. 

"Aria!" Poe pushed through the crowd to get to his number two. A glorious smile graced his lips as he stood just off to her side. But she didn't see him. She didn't even stop walking. No, she didn't stop for anyone. 

The crowd didn't know what to make of it. They all knew Aria to boast of her triumph, so her quiet demeanor was odd. 

Still, they all turned back to the Millennium Falcon to welcome Han Solo, the great pilot, back from his third victorious attempt against the Sith's overtaking. 

They chanted his name with grandeur, and with each passing second that he didn't emerge, they figured he was just building up the suspense... Until it had been a full minute with no one else walking down the ramp. 

Poe pushed his way to Leia and Rey who stood just in front of the ramp. Poe's eyebrows furrowed as he looked from the empty Falcon, to Rey's wet eyes and red cheeks. 

"No." He shook his head as he looked at his General. "Leia..."

"Han Solo is dead." 

Her words cut through the celebration. All the chanting and cheers died down as they all finally realized why Ariavanna Solo was so quiet. Two Solos went out on a mission, and only one returned. 

"I have to-" Poe started for Aria. He had to make sure she was okay. She shouldn't be alone, he didn't want her to be alone. 

"Poe-" Leia grabbed Poe's arm to stop him from walking away. "Give her time. She needs time to process everything." 

Poe's eyebrows scrunched together as he looked at Leia's pale, grieving face. He shook his head as he gently pulled his arm from her grasp. "I'm sorry, General," He disobeyed her as he moved further from her. "But I think she needs someone now more than ever."