General

The innards of the base were nothing to gawk at, but after a few weeks of sprucing the space up, Aria didn't sneeze every time she walked into the command room, which was a plus for her and everyone around her. 

The base had been abandoned for so long that the roots of the surrounding forest broke through the walls. Every room now had trestles of vines peeping through the stone, but Aria found she preferred the natural browns and greens over the painted while walls. 

The roots took home along the hallways, making the officers and droids extra careful with their footing as to not trip over them. Some found it easier to navigate than others. C-3PO, for example had no troubles, but R-8 and BB-8 couldn't follow their masters passed the cafeteria, meaning they couldn't get to the chambers in the far back. 

The base itself was puny and smelled of dirt and root, meaning the Resistance spent most of their time outside on the giant concrete slab. The lush planet kept a consistent warmth about it, even far into the night when there was nothing but the twin moons and stars to warm them overhead. 

"Aria? Could you come with me, please?" Leia pulled Aria away from her morning ritual of helping Officers carry their computers out onto the slabs. They were put away each night to keep the morning dew off of them, it was a small price to keep their machines in pristine condition. 

Aria slowly lowered the third table and wiped her hands on her pants as she walked over to Leia. Finn and Poe were already by her side, and as Aria joined them she had the faintest feeling of being a youngling waiting for a scolding. 

"What'd we do this time?" Aria leaned over to whisper to Poe. He shrugged his thick shoulders as he kept a steady gave on his General. "Alright, let me rephrase, what did Finn do that we have to clean up?"

"Hey!" Finn leaned forward to look across Poe at Aria. The girl gave a sheepish grin and a simple shrug of her shoulders. 

"Listen up, everyone, listen." Leia didn't have to shout to gather the attention of her Resistance. She barely had to speak before the power in her voice stilled all movement around her. "There is something I wish to say, and people that are in need of our appreciation...." Leia raised herself to  her true height as she looked out at her people. Aria, Poe and Finn stood off to her left as they watched her with just as much fascination as the others. "The Resistance was not built by a single person, just as the Rebel Alliance before it... We have to take time to recognize the sacrifices people have made for our cause just as much as the hereoes within our alliance." She nodded as she clasped her hands together in front of her. Her white cane tilted off center as she leaned mainly on her right leg. "I could spend all day speaking of the woes of battle, but I have a feeling you all know those woes well enough without having me waste my breath-" She chuckled, which gave everyone the okay to laugh at the joke. When it died down she looked towards Aria, Poe and Finn. "Let us not focus on our defeats, but rather our victors... Ariavanna Solo, Poe Dameron, and Finn... you have proven to us all that you put this Resistance above everything else." Aria gave Leia a wide smile and a nod. "I find it only fitting to bestow the title of General before each of your names, as your previous actions match that of a Resistance General."

The Officers put down their work to clap for the three newly appointed Generals. 

Pride swarmed around the three, and each were far too stunned to find anything to say, so instead they stayed quiet and basked in the feeling of their accomplishment. 

Leia raised her hands to quiet them down, and when they did she moved on. "Of course, it took more than these three to do what we did, Rey- who is currently off in the woods-" Aria, Poe and Finn laughed along with Leia at that fact. "Showed true determination and perserverence." Leia looked off to the side where Chewie stood with all the droids. "Chewbacca, who has tirelessly provided his services through the first Rebellion as well as this one." Chewie let out a loud howl as he raised his fist in the air. A small cluster of laughter rose from his reaction. "Rose Tico, who stepped up from her every day duties and proved to be an undeniable asset. She put her life on the line to save us all without having to be asked... she knew within her heart that it was the right thing to do."