When people looked at me, they expected trouble and disappointment. And that's what I'd offer them. However, that was not the case with Jimin. He looked at me with pure acceptance and understanding. Like I was not the selfish, irresponsible person others claimed I was.

Suddenly, Hyungsik's words from that night at the club rang in my ears. "Diane is the type of person who never takes people's feelings into account. She is selfish and irresponsible. Really, what do you expect from a girl who sleeps with her college professor?"

And then every single comment I'd heard about me in high school followed, too.

"Wow, here comes the cock slut sleeping with old men!"

"I heard he was married, too."

"No way! Well, I heard that he had like, three kids or something."

"No, guys. He wasn't married. He was engaged, duh."

"I heard he works as a CEO to a very successful business corporation."

"Bullshit. He's an aspiring photographer."

"Yes! And he's from France."

"Guys, guys, guys. That's not true. He's a marine biologist that lives in Antarctica."

"Holy shit. But I heard that he was a..."

And then came the infamous catcalling and slut-shaming comments high school boys would throw my way anytime I passed through the hallway.

"Hey Diane, wanna bet you can't fit my whole dick in your mouth?"

"Hey Diane, you up for a threesome or what? Hit me up, slut."

All of them just took the whole thing and twisted it however their wicked imagination could. They turned it around so that it was my fault. And maybe it was. I just couldn't care anymore.

All I knew was that it was living hell and it hurt my heart.

Jimin's soft moan pulled me back to reality.

He sighed deeply into the kiss, his fingers traveling to rest at my elbows. He drew back for a bit so that he could look at my face. His striking eyes glazed with passion and longing.

"Can we kiss forever?" he whispered, his voice low and raspy.

And that's when I knew. This wasn't just fucking anymore.

Starry-eyed, he peered up at me as he removed a strand of hair from my forehead and tucked it behind my ear.

"Yes, but there would be some slight inconveniences. Like for example, I still need to go to work and I can't do that if my lips are constantly glued to yours." I said jokingly.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked me.

There were so many things I wanted to say to this. Please, don't break my heart. I've been broken before. I am delicate. Don't break me again.

"I'm thinking about how cheesy you are. I'd never seen it coming." I deflected.

Jimin's coy smile faltered and I instantly wanted to slap myself.

I'm so scared to fall in love, but if it's you then I'll try.

"Okay, I'm thinking that –" I inhaled deeply, my shoulders slumping as I placed a hand on my forehead. "Fuck, this will probably sound corny to you... holy shit. Please don't cringe. But I'm going to say something really poetic right now – and I honestly never do this, with anyone – I've met a lot of people, but nobody ever felt like you. I'm not the best at choosing lovers, my past speaks for itself."