Chapter 19

Jimin's POV

Jimin's POV

I am enraged.

Actually, no. Enraged doesn't quite cover it. I don't think there's a word strong enough to express what I'm feeling right now.

What Diane just told me literally infuriated me. I can't remember a time where I was more furious than I am now. All I want to do now is ravage the entire world before I find the dickhead that caused her so much pain, and completely demolish him.

But now's not the time, I remind myself as I glance at her form curled up on the armchair next to me. And I know she wouldn't want this. I have to keep it together. For her sake.

I can't quite remember when but eventually the both of us nodded off at some point. She told me to go many times, begged me even, but I refused. I'd rather spend the entire time here with her and keep her company than go home and have to think about that horrible story she told me.

"Ms. Young," I hadn't even heard one of the nurses come in. She looked over at both of us cautiously, gesturing towards Diane's father. "You don't have to stay here the whole night. We don't even know when he'll wake up. We'll call you if there's anything. So, you and your boyfriend can go home and freshen up."

"He's not my-" Diane started.

"Thank you," I cut her off firmly, offering the nurse a polite smile. "We appreciate it."

She gave me a nod as she walked out, leaving me alone with Diane and her pointed stare pinned at me.

"Let's go," I ushered her, standing up and collecting our jackets from the hanger.

"No. I can't leave him." She was dubious.

"Diane, it will be alright," I soothed, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You can't stay here the whole time. The doctors told you that it might be weeks or even months until he wakes up. Are you going to just sit here that whole time? We need to get you some clothes and some food so we'll only be a while. Don't worry, if something happens, we'll be right on our way."

"Something tells me you won't let me say no to that." she squinted, pulling her sleeves over her hands like a little child.

"It's for your own good," I informed her and scrunched my nose. "Plus, you kind of smell funny." I said jokingly.

She sulked. "To be fair, I did forget to take a shower this morning."

"See? I told you. Personal hygiene comes first. Now let's go. You'll thank me later."

***

After a couple more minutes of pointless debate, I somehow managed to take Diane out of that depressing hospital room. We swung by her place so that she could take a shower and put on some clean clothes.